Comments on the NC Woodturning Symposium

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Rob (McRabbet) and I attended the NC Woodturning Symposium in Greensboro this past weekend. The NCWW had an informational booth. All I can say is if you turn and missed it you missed a lot. They had a bunch of world case presenters doing create demo and training. There were super deals on wood, tools, books, DVDs and other supplies.

This symposium is held every other year in NC. I would highly recommend you saving your nickels and dimes and attending.

Some of our regular members who attended were:
John Jankowski
Dolan (splinter)
Bob (Woodartz)
Steve Sanders
plus a host of others

BTW Steve Sanders won a prize of free tuition to a class of his choice at the John Campbell School.

woodArtz

New User
Bob
You two are a serious pair of enablers. Watched over my haul while I shopped for more and even helped load all those blanks. Thanks for the help.

And..

Thanks for giving up your weekend and representing the group Scott and Rob!

I was there, had a great time, learned a ton, spent some money, had some pretty good meals and won a door prize - one week at the John C. Campbell Folk School in Brasstown - awesome! I can't tell you how much I have learned by watching world class turners in Albuquerque and Greensboro. My youngest son (28 years old) came with me on Sunday and he went home filled with ideas and enthusiasm.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
I was there, had a great time, learned a ton, spent some money, had some pretty good meals and won a door prize - one week at the John C. Campbell Folk School in Brasstown - awesome! I can't tell you how much I have learned by watching world class turners in Albuquerque and Greensboro. My youngest son (28 years old) came with me on Sunday and he went home filled with ideas and enthusiasm.

Congratulations :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors