CNC Bits

Grimmy2016

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Does anyone have recommendation for brands or places to buy bits? Was thinking of Amana or the Klingspor sets but open to hearing other recommendations.

I have a Seinci LongMill 30x30 with Makita router for the head.

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
Does anyone have recommendation for brands or places to buy bits? Was thinking of Amana or the Klingspor sets but open to hearing other recommendations.

I have a Seinci LongMill 30x30 with Makita router for the head.

I get 95% of mine from Klingspor and Whiteside (both NC companies) with no issues for years.

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
Amana, Whiteside, Freud all get good marks, with Amana's Spektra coated seeming to be the top of the heap.

That said, I buy most of my spiral endmills from drillman1 on ebay..all made in USA, most Kyrocera. Others I buy a few Freud, some CMT. I have a motley assortment of random Amazon-sourced brands for specialty, low usage bits and high risk of breakage bits like 20 degree vee bits and ball nose bits from .125" down to 1mm.

-Mark

David Justice

David
Corporate Member
I use CNC bits every single day, mostly 3/8", 1/4", and 1/8" up spiral cutting hardwood and I've tried them all. Amana is the worst buy for your money. They are expensive and break very easily, and they wear out just as fast as anything else. I believe you are paying for the marketing, not a superior bit.
Lately, I have been buying Align Carbide from Amazon and am impressed with them. They are tough and keep a sharp edge as long as Amana or Whiteside.
Bits from Drillman on Ebay are also very good.

blackhawk

Brad
Corporate Member
I have been buying from Centurion Tools just outside of Richmond, VA for over 12 years. All their products are produced in house and they have great customer service and fast shipping.

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS