Closing the shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
YES. It is true. :eek: As some of you know I am in the process of moving from Cary to Littleton, NC on the shores of Lake Gaston. I have moved a few small tools but planned to keep the shop functional until a new shop was built late this fall/winter. Well late last week a great opportunity presented itself. The down side is I have 3 weeks to dismantle the shop and move it all about 90 miles. :tinysmile_cry_t: It will then have to sit in a dismantled state until the the new shop is built. :wsad:

So if you do not see me on-line much that is a big part of the reason. Once I can work out a game plan I might ask for some friends to help with loading a few tools. I might also need to find a place to store about 200 bft of lumber.

sawduster

New User
Robert
I'll be more than happy to help you with that [STRIKE]200[/STRIKE] 150 bf of lumber :gar-La;

seriously, if it can live under a tarp you are welcome to room at my place :icon_thum

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I can't help you with the lumber, but when you're ready to load the tools, just let me know.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Scott

I can lend a hand with loading too, if you need it. :icon_thum

(I bet you are really looking forward to the planning for the new shop and digs as well!:icon_cheers)

Wayne

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
Let me know when you need help and I will be there. Can't do much but I can lend my keen wit and good nature.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Scott, I'm sorry that there is going to be a lapse in shop time for you. :tinysmile_cry_t: Can't really help you with storage as I barely have room for my junk. :BangHead: Once you get your new one built, let me know and I'd be happy to help you load stuff up. :thumbs_up:thumbs_up

DWSmith

New User
David
I have some storage space you will be welcomed to. It is in Thomasville, dry, covered and under lock and key. I can let you use about 1000 sq ft if you need it.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Scott
Its not convenient to you I know but if you need storage space we can manage to help some.
Maybe you can do a wood swap? Unless you've got some 'special wood' - maybe we can help you out with what you have and replace it later when you've got the room.
just a thought~
Congratulations on the move btw- Good things come to those who wait- and deserve them!

RickC

New User
Rick
Scott what type of dimensions are you talking about for the lumber. If you recall, I have some space in the upper part of my garage. Steps are steep, but I might be able to help out. I am fairly close to you so it might work out ok. We could also set up some space out back behind the garage perhaps on some saw horses, and cover with tarps.

Rick

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
I will hopefully be able to help load, possibly unload (and get a little fishing in :) ) and almost certainly be able to make the feeding frenzy we are almost certain to arange in your honor before you head out of our neck of the woods...

RickC

New User
Rick
and get a little fishing in :) ...

Fishing!?? I started up again last year, and looking for places to go, (without a boat), in search of the wiley bass! I just plain escaped my attention that Scott will be right on the shore!!! Hmmmm.:eusa_thin

pcooper

Phillip Cooper
Corporate Member
Oh the pain of not having a shop...don't know if I could stand it again. I did that kind of move not too long ago, and my shop was in a very small storage building, packed so full you had to unpack it to walk in one step. I hope the move and new shop go smoothly for you though, and hope you're back to the fun stuff very soon!!!

Glennbear

Glenn
Good luck on the move Scott, I do not have any space to offer but if you need labor help on the "northern end" give me a holler. On a related note, did you ever get that wire you looking for ?:wsmile:

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Good luck on the move Scott, I do not have any space to offer but if you need labor help on the "northern end" give me a holler.

+1 on the northern end of your journey, Scott. I will be happy to help unload and even assist on the construction of the new shop. Just give a yell when you're ready!!!:icon_thum

cskipper

Cathy
I know that I am not in a convenient location, but do have storage available for awhile in Forest City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS