Christmas Projects Completed

Status
Not open for further replies.

stoneskippers

New User
John Skipper
I finished a oak coffee table with a walnut stain for my DIL and a plaque made of curly maple with a metal cutout for my oldest grandson who got his first deer this year. His father ( my son ) made the cutout.:eusa_danc

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Nice work John. That coffee table looks somewhat familar...are you going into production with that design :icon_thum

Did Cathy let you use her scroll saw for the plaque??

Dave:)

stoneskippers

New User
John Skipper
I started that table at the same time as the first. I used a router to cut the plaque in.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
So Cathy wouldn't let you play with her scroll saw..huh :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I just re-read your post and realized that the cut out is metal, and your son made it :eusa_doh: Great family collaboration :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap I bet your grandson is really proud to have something like that made by his dad and grand-dad.

Dave:)

cpowell

New User
Chuck
John - very nice work. The plaque is very special - a father-son joint effort! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Speaking of joints, I love the coffee table. Pretty work. :)

Chuck

cskipper

Cathy
You're right - I wouldn't let him use my scroll saw - although he is here all day and I'm not - so maybe he did. We had been trying to decide how to set the metal deer cutout into the wood as opposed to putting it on top of the wood. John traced it and then free-handed it with a router. He did a great job because the metal deer settled into the curly maple perfectly! Our DIL loves the table too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors