cherry burl bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyrod444

New User
Jack
Here is a cherry burl bowl I finished today as well. It is 3rd from the largest in a set of 6 I cored from a burl a friend gave me. It is just over 10" in dia. by 2 1/2" tall. The burl was not thick enough to make the bowls deep. The bark bridge on this one makes it cool to me. I would have made it a little thinner, but didn't want to risk knocking the bark bridge off. The finish is deft,buffed,and waxed.
Jack
IMG_0054.JPG

IMG_0057.JPG

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Another beautiful turning Jack! Great job! :icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum Do you use CA or something to keep the bark intact? It looks like it would be hard to keep that edge in place.

Robert Arrowood

New User
Robert Arrowood
Thats a nice bowl Jack:icon_thum.Is it hard to turn the cherry burl? I've got a small piece I want to turn when the bearings for my lathe come in,about 150#s of it:eek: :gar-La;.Put it on the scale the best I could the other day. Thats thr best weight I could get:icon_scra.

flyrod444

New User
Jack
Thanks everyone. The cherry burl turns very well for me. Bob, I run thin CA glue around both sides of the bark where it contacts the wood as soon as it is cored. It seems to help hold the bark on as it dries and as I return it. I have three smaller bowls to return from this burl, will post pictures of how that works out.
Thanks again,
Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS