Cherry Bookcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

GarageWoodworks

New User
Brian Grella
I finished my cherry bookcase. Let me know what you think. It has stopped tapered flutes and adjustable shelves. Finished with poly (hvlp).

bookcase1.jpg

_MG_5078.jpg

More in progress pictures can be found here if you're intrested.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Outstanding work there, Brian!:icon_thum

Very classy details, indeed. That cherry will age to a thing of beauty with a deep and rich color.

(I purposely threw plenty of UV light at a shaker styled cherry table built about two years ago and it has deepened to such a gorgeous color. I just finished it with Original Waterlox.)

Did you plan on building more bookcases like this when visitors to your house see this one!!!:gar-Bi

Thanks for sharing the pics (and all of the WIP details at your link).

Wayne

botebum

New User
Doug
Very nice!
I have a question. At the ends of the fluting, did you use a tapered jig to slowly end the flute or some other method?

Doug

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Brian,
Very, very nice. I made one (maple) of a very similar design for my daughter-in-law...I am currently making another one from cherry.

Cheers
:eek:ccasion1
Donn

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Brian,

The bookcase is gorgeous. Everything from wood selection down to every detail. Congrats on executing such a beautiful project.

Glennbear

Glenn
Fantastic bookcase Brian :icon_thum I visited your website and found it to be one of the best I have seen. :eusa_clap

b4man

New User
Barbara
Just saw the video you made of the progress. Then I went and enjoyed the rest of your videos.

Great site, beautiful work! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Barbara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS