Check out these legs!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsone

New User
Ed
I have been doing some remodeling for a lady who offered me options on some things she was geting rid of. My eyes immediately landed on these...:eusa_danc
Her grandfather carved these years ago and said she was glad I wanted them.
One of these days I hope to have time to do something with them. Any suggestions? I haven't measured the height, but they are about right for a dining table.

Attachments

• IMAG0399.JPG
    IMAG0399.JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 237
  • IMAG0400.JPG
    IMAG0400.JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 243

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I would suggest a oval table. It looks as if the joint blocks on the top are curved.

Dave:)

tom hintz

New User
Tom Hintz
Great find!
I suspect the legs joining surfaces are actually square-cut with a bevel at the corner. I had an uncle that was a master cabinet maker that did that on all his table legs...they fit into the corner more easily and do not stress the skirt joint. (That's why he was a master and I just build tables....)
If the height is close to what you want for a dining table you can always adjust the final height with the skirt width. In any case, you have a great start on a nifty table!

Ken Weaver

New User
Ken Weaver
That is a real find and you should do something to complete the work begun. What an opportunity! Good on ya!

nelsone

New User
Ed
The legs are actually set up for 90 deg corners, however I did see a nice oval table with a rectangular skirt. I'm also considering a low boy. With everything else I have going on, Ill probably have plenty of time to dcide what to do with them.

She also has her grandfathers toolbox. I haven't had a chance to see it yet and she is not willing to part with it. I hope if she ever does, she'll think of me!

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Ed,

I'd go with dinning table. These legs look very much like the ones on my dinning room table (80 or 90 years old).

Ray

peteb301

Pete
Corporate Member
Beautiful set, you would do her proud to incorporate into a dining table.
And That may be enough leverage to convince her to part with some of the other items.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Ed,

Here's a couple of shots of the table in the dinning room. It has three leaves that can be added, making it almost big enough to extend into the front hall.

Attachments

• 136-3615_IMG.JPG
    136-3615_IMG.JPG
    246.3 KB · Views: 171
  • 136-3614_IMG.JPG
    136-3614_IMG.JPG
    244.9 KB · Views: 187
  • 136-3613_IMG.JPG
    136-3613_IMG.JPG
    253.4 KB · Views: 185

nelsone

New User
Ed
Beautiful table! I'll definitly put this in the idea book! Thanks for sharing. I'm not sure if my skills are up to doing something like that, but I guess there's only one way to find out...try, try, try!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS