Charlotte Woodworker's Show "Get-Together"

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodguy1975

New User
John
I should be there too. :D I always hit the charlotte show. Friday Greensboro, and Saturday Charlotte. Good weekend. :)

hpetty

New User
Hugh
Okay, so as I understand the plan several of us are going to meet up at the show for lunch and then come by my place after. I'm about 5 miles north of I-85 just off of Hwy 16.

Any one interested in directions to my house can PM me and I'll send directions by PM.

(This will give me a deadline for cleaning up my shop, finishing my router table, the lumber rack and plumbing out for my new DC. Hey wait a minute... maybe we could do a modified "barn raising" and everyone could pitch in and help me with those projects :eusa_whis :eusa_whis :eusa_whis )

M

McRabbet

Okay, Hugh -- I'll bring my one good arm and raise a brewski or two :drunken_s to help "raise" the barn. Sounds like you're close to my nephew's home (he's 1 mile south of Mt. Holly-Huntersville Rd/Beatties Ford intersection, off BF Rd.). I'll PM you for directions, but suggest you make up a few 3 x 5 cards for folks that don't get them so you can pass them out at the show -- who knows, maybe 50-60 folks will show up 8-O (I'll bring a 12-pack to help share the load!)

Rob
hpetty said:
Okay, so as I understand the plan several of us are going to meet up at the show for lunch and then come by my place after. I'm about 5 miles north of I-85 just off of Hwy 16.

Any one interested in directions to my house can PM me and I'll send directions by PM.

(This will give me a deadline for cleaning up my shop, finishing my router table, the lumber rack and plumbing out for my new DC. Hey wait a minute... maybe we could do a modified "barn raising" and everyone could pitch in and help me with those projects :eusa_whis :eusa_whis :eusa_whis )

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Anyone from the triangle area going?

Want to look at carpooling if so? I wouldn't mind going, but don't really want to drive down alone.

BobN

New User
Bob
Travis Porter said:
Anyone from the triangle area going?

Want to look at carpooling if so? I wouldn't mind going, but don't really want to drive down alone.

I'm planning on going, I'm in Cary.

Bob

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Hugh,
I may make the trip if I can get far enough ahead on a couple of projects I have going. If so, I'll be bringing my daughter along. She's 10 but already getting into woodworking.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
First, Greensboro- Leave Bo-Jangles in Apex (on Hwy 64) at 7:30 AM on Thursday. Second, Charlotte- Leave Bo-Jangles in Apex at 7:30 on Saturday. Just show up and look for an outstandingly handsome group of woodworkers. Oh yeah, I'l be there too.- Bruce

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Would you guys consider meeting at concession stand at 1:30 instead of noon? Most people are preprogramed to eat at noon and the area will most likely be crowded. By waiting we can "lap the show" first, and then get together without inconviencing others. We could compair "best buys and deals" and then go on a "buying spree". If some of the vendors are doing a multiples discount ( buy three, get fourth free, etc) we could possibily share these deals and make our funds go further. I usually bring my own sandwich and spend this money on show items. Besides, their food wasn't to hot the last time I bought some.

M

McRabbet

Cskipper has started a new thread that follows up on your request -- it sounds fine to me -- whatever works. Rob

Fred Jacome

New User
Fred
Hi guys, I am new and will like to meet a few people with same interest, if I can bold and ask to join the group I can bring beverage of choice

Fred :eusa_pray

stoneskippers

New User
John Skipper
Glad to have you join our group and as for the woodworker show I'm sure we would all want you to meet us. As it looks now somewhere between 12:00 and 1:30 Saturday afternoon at the concession area. Look for people with bags of goodies.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
I wouldn't mind meeting up somewhere around the Raleigh area to convoy down. I'd be coming in from Rocky Mount. Hopefully LOML will also attend.

For the record this is way earlier than I normally formulate plans.

cskipper

Cathy
The "after the show" get together at hpetty's will be at 6 (ish). That way folks can see the last demonstrations and head over. PM him for directions..... 1:30 is the snack bar area time. I'm sure some will be there before, there after, but 1:30 is technically the time. Hope to see you all at at least one of these, if not both! Thanks hpetty and wife for letting us invade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS