ceiling mount Excalibur blade gaurd Now Installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon

New User
Jon Todd
Does anyone have the ceiling mount dust gaurd from Excalibur?

EDIT:

I knew a man who bought this and decided it would not work in his Basement. So he offered it to me. I went and picked it up this morning and got it installed.
It raises up enough to be out of the way. I am going to get some 1.25 square stock and make a slip joint so I can remove it completely If I want to.
DSC00934.JPG

DSC00935.JPG

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
Re: ceiling mount Excalibur blade gaurd?

i've seen them installed in shops. i think it's a good solution if you have the right set up.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member

Member Rausrh did something similar a while back. Definitely wins my creativity award! Here are some of his photos:icon_thum

PB-ATDC_1.JPG

PB-ATDC_5.JPG

PB-ATDC_8.JPG

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member

I want one of those for my saw. I don't understand what you are saying you are going to do to make it removable. Can you elaborate?

Jon

New User
Jon Todd

The alluminum stock I used is 1 x 1 OD I will get 2 pieces 1.25x1.25 12 inches long and it will slip over the 1 inch. I am going to cut the 1 inch near the top and bolt the 1.25 to the lower part. I will drill holes and insert a pin in the top part so if I need to I can remove the entire piece. I will take pictures when I do it. i am terrible at explaining but I know exactly how to do it .

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member

The alluminum stock I used is 1 x 1 OD I will get 2 pieces 1.25x1.25 12 inches long and it will slip over the 1 inch. I am going to cut the 1 inch near the top and bolt the 1.25 to the lower part. I will drill holes and insert a pin in the top part so if I need to I can remove the entire piece. I will take pictures when I do it. i am terrible at explaining but I know exactly how to do it .
I understood it completely. :icon_thum:icon_thum

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member

Even I understood that..and I need help understanding dowel joints! I think it's a great design, because it makes the entire assembly removable, but you also have two adjustments - the adjustment on the guard itself, and you can also move the assembly up/ down a few notches along the tubing depending on the project. Very slick.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
No, but I'll tell ya you need to go to Tractor Supply or some other such place & get the 1/4" safety pins that have a wire latch on them to use in the assembly. They work great on trailer hitch latches as well.
Also, check the I. D. of the 1-1/4" tube to be sure the 1" will fit proper. The aluminum may have square edges that need to be filed down if you're using steel in the larger dimension. Steel usually has a slight radius to the corners from being cold drawn rather than extruded.
We wanna see those pics, now.:gar-Bi

Jon

New User
Jon Todd
No, but I'll tell ya you need to go to Tractor Supply or some other such place & get the 1/4" safety pins that have a wire latch on them to use in the assembly. They work great on trailer hitch latches as well.
Also, check the I. D. of the 1-1/4" tube to be sure the 1" will fit proper. The aluminum may have square edges that need to be filed down if you're using steel in the larger dimension. Steel usually has a slight radius to the corners from being cold drawn rather than extruded.
We wanna see those pics, now.:gar-Bi

Yep i actually already have the 1/4 inch pins and i will have to sand the 1 inch stock barely and round the corners barely so it will slide in and out. It shouldnt be to bad to do.

T

toolferone

Nice install! It will be handy when you get it removeable. Does it sway back and forth any?

Hank Knight

New User
Hank
Jon,

I really like the set-up, but I've never seen a ceiling-mount Excalibur before. Is that a stock set-up or is a modification of the Excalibur that attaches to the end of the table extension?

Hank

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
I built the one from woodcentral several yrs ago..works pretty good but there are times when you have to remove it so keep that in mind:eek:ccasion1

Jon

New User
Jon Todd
Jon,

I really like the set-up, but I've never seen a ceiling-mount Excalibur before. Is that a stock set-up or is a modification of the Excalibur that attaches to the end of the table extension?

Hank

They offer it on the web site as an option. I had a hard time fiding it on any websites. I did finally find it at a place called utterguys.com

http://www.utterguys.com/xcart/home.php

Its the EXBC-CM10

make sure you add the CM10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS