Bosch Colt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
I have Bosch Colt palm router that has a nasty habit changing the depth of cut while running.:BangHead: It drops slightly as it is being used. I've tightened the clamp nut and have the router in the right position in the base (I think). Has anybody had this experience or got any ideas. Otherwise its a neat little tool.

dozer

Mike
How long have you had the router? If it has not been to long I would take it back.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I had a similar problem with a PC router, it wasn't new, but I ended up needing a new base. I would return it and get another. The reviews I have seen on them have all been very positive.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Larry,

I have had my Colt for about 6 months and not encountered that problem. My only irritation with the trimmer, is getting the lock button to actually engage for bit changes. Slips a lot, and there really isn't enough room behind the collet to use two wrenches!:BangHead:

Other than that I think its been a great router. I tend to agree with Travis and Dozer. Return it for another.

Wayne

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
I've had the thing too long to return, but its never been used much. I thought when I get a chance that I would take it apart and reassemble by the book. RTFM!!

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
If you got it from the BORG and have the receipt, I have exchanged stuff after 6 months. If it is still under warranty, send it back, but taking it apart and checking may work. For my PC, the housing itself was worn slap out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS