Boring system in action

Status
Not open for further replies.

Handturnedbowls

New User
James Holland
As promised, I took photos of my boring tool in action. Instead of spending all afternoon uploading individual pics in a gallery, I assembled the photos in a pdf document with captions.

Its in the download section, under shop fixtures and jigs.

cad

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Cad,
Just walked through your PDF Boring Tool demo. Man!! That is awesome! You have certainly proven not only your talents when turning wood but, your machinists skills as well. (By the way, I didn't mention your ability to put together a very comprehensive presentation as well!)

Thanks for sharing the tool in action!

Wayne

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Man, Cad that is cool. I really can picture how your device works after seeing those pics. That is an awesome presentation you put on there. Thanks for another very interesting post.

Dave:)

Handturnedbowls

New User
James Holland
Mike Davis said:
Yep, That makes me want one even more. You really need to present that to one of the big lathe tool companies. It will be a sure hit if you can place it with the right bunch.

Good luck with it and I'll place my order as soon as I get a decent lathe worthy of your tool.

I gotta admit Mike, it is fun to use. It still requires a hand touch to feel what you are doing that I love so much about lathe work, but it takes most of the danger out of hollowing. The carbide bit can still chatter and vibrate some if you slip and push or press to hard, but a few minutes time with it teaches you how to get nice cuts from it.

I have no idea how I would have the parts machined now that I dont have access to the machines I used at my day job to make it. I planned to visit a machine shop here in my local and get a quote from them on the parts requiring machining. It may well wind up costing as much as the competition, I dont know. But I will be finding out.

cad

cskipper

Cathy
Even if it does cost as much as the competition we would know that it was well made.:icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS