Birthday present for SWMBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Finished up a birthday present and did a terrible job of taking pictures of it. I'm afraid the photos don't really show off the walnut very well.

The body is walnut and cherry. Thanks to Tom for his advice and suggestions on finish... Danish Oil + wax.

SWMBO is happy.

Ray

Attachments

• Clock 1.jpg
    Clock 1.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 305

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I'll agree with Monty, the Walnut with Cherry trim really sets it all off. Beautiful piece SWMBO should be very pleased with that :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Dave:)

Sweetgum

New User
Brad Keisler
Awesome looking clock there!!

I also really like the way you've positioned the grain around the clock face. Looks great!!!

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Great looking clock Ray.:icon_thum I love the combination of woods you chose and your finish gives the clock a touch of patina.

D L

T

toolferone

WOW! That looks great. The colors are great, and just wait till that cherry starts to age, it will look even better.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Very nice! I like the use of wood and alignment of the grain. An especially nice job fitting the door and drawer. I never seem to be able to get things to fit so there is an even gap. Would you do my shop back bench doors and drawers? :-D:-D

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
toolferone said:
WOW! That looks great. The colors are great, and just wait till that cherry starts to age, it will look even better.

Tom,

That's the piece you recommended the danish oil for... now I'm a convert... danish oil is great. Thank you.

Ray

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Alan in Little Washington said:
Very nice! I like the use of wood and alignment of the grain. An especially nice job fitting the door and drawer. I never seem to be able to get things to fit so there is an even gap. Would you do my shop back bench doors and drawers? :-D:-D

Alan,

I always sneak up on the sizing of these parts. I have a very accurate / very stable chop saw and can shave parts about 1/32" or less at a time. It is a test of patience though... it's fitting by 10,000 cuts.

Ray

DavidF

New User
David
Ray Martin said:
Alan,

I always sneak up on the sizing of these parts. I have a very accurate / very stable chop saw and can shave parts about 1/32" or less at a time. It is a test of patience though... it's fitting by 10,000 cuts.

Ray
Chop saw???? what ever happened to a sharp plane and a shooting board:lol: you could take off thous at a time. Nice job on the clock though:eusa_clap

sapwood

New User
Roger
Really nice work Ray :icon_thum

And just think, every time she asks you "what time is it?" ;-)

Roger

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Very, very nice Ray!!!:eusa_danc :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

The contrast between the walnut and cherry is awesome! Also, I really like the white clockface!

She must be really proud of #1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great work!

Wayne

Matt

New User
Matt Willis
Nice clock! I was looking the other day at something with cherry I made a few months ago. It ages so wonderfully, I think you will end up like me and trying to find ways to use cherry more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS