Better use for the LOML credit cards.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
My wife got a bunch of new cards from her credit accounts. I thought that the old ones could be put to better use than just being thrown out. SO i chopped them up and threw them in as segments in a few pens I turned today.

Curly ERC, with a Gabon Ebony CB and CC accents on a copper Euro kit.

Copy_of_Pens_370.jpg

Antique Heart Pine, with Cherry CB and CC accents on a gold Euro kit.

Copy_of_Pens_379.jpg

Thanks Jeff... for both of the pen blanks.

Curly Mahogany and African Blackwood on a stain nickle Euro kit....no credit cards accepted :lol: :lol:

Copy_of_Pens_375.jpg

And a group shot...jest for the heck of it :-D

Copy_of_Pens_381.jpg

Thanks for looking:-D :-D

Dave:)

nelsone

New User
Ed
Those look great! I would have never thought to use the old cc's!:lol: That ERC is absolutely georgeous!:icon_thum Hope to get some turning time again in a few weeks!

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
They look great! let me know if you find a way to incorpate bills into the next ones :lol: Jim

J

jeff...

Dave your very welcome - I'm glad to see them put to good use. My favorite is the antique heart pine. Way cool, what you did with those credit cards :icon_thum.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
They look great! let me know if you find a way to incorpate bills into the next ones :lol: Jim

This hobby cost me enough as it is, I ain't about to start throwing money at it :lol: :lol:

It wouldn't be to hard to wrap a dollar bill around the tube and cast it in resin, like they with snake skins :eusa_thin :eusa_thin

erasmussen

New User
RAS
It wouldn't be to hard to wrap a dollar bill around the tube and cast it in resin, like they with snake skins :eusa_thin :eusa_thin

Dave:)[/quote]

I think it would be easyer if you used a nice new $20:lol::lol::lol:

I AM NOT GOING TO LOOK AT PENS:eusa_snoo
But they are great nice designs

Eaglesc

New User
Eagle
Great lloking pens Dave!
Please don't misunderstand what I am about to say.
What makes them so nice looking is the combination of colors and their incorporation in the design.
Penturners have been using "pickguard" and nameplate laminates in their pens for quite a while.
Lord knows I am always looking for different materials to enhance the blanks I make.
HAve you considered using "orgainc" materials for the varied color effects?
A piece of antler could be used for the white stripe, ebony and blackwood could be used for the black.
In my not so humble opinion the addition of the plastic"diminishes" the total effect of what is otherwise a gorgeous pen and a beautiful piece of wood(s).
What I am trying to get at is if you are going to sell these you would increase if you used a piece of Ivory to get the same effect it becomes a selling point and would make the piece more "desireable" in the buyers eyes.
I offer this as food for thought and in no way meant to diminsh you work in creating some beautiful pens.:icon_thum

Mtnman

New User
Talley Pollard
I don't make pens, but those are really nice. I use my old credit cards for the lowly purpose of spreading glue. Cut them in half long ways and they work great on the edge of a board.
Mtnman

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Great lloking pens Dave!
What makes them so nice looking is the combination of colors and their incorporation in the design.
Penturners have been using "pickguard" and nameplate laminates in their pens for quite a while.
Lord knows I am always looking for different materials to enhance the blanks I make.
A piece of antler could be used for the white stripe, ebony and blackwood could be used for the black.
In my not so humble opinion the addition of the plastic"diminishes" the total effect of what is otherwise a gorgeous pen and a beautiful piece of wood(s).
What I am trying to get at is if you are going to sell these you would increase if you used a piece of Ivory to get the same effect it becomes a selling point and would make the piece more "desireable" in the buyers eyes.
I offer this as food for thought and in no way meant to diminsh you work in creating some beautiful pens.:icon_thum

Eagle, I understand what you're saying. It's coming from the guy who made a pen out of teethpicks :lol: :lol: I was just trying something different. I didn't have any Ivory on hand, but I did have about 8 old credit cards :roll: :roll:
Actually I'm not to impressed with the material, if it gets cut on any bias the colors of the card show, instead of being pure white. You can see that if you closely at the ERC pen, that is why I made the next on with straight cuts.

But you never know, the novelty of have credit cards chopped up in them might appeal to some buyers....especially the ones paying cash :lol: :lol:

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Dave, I like the pens. I think they look great and recycling a CC into a wood pen seems kind of unique to me. I really like the heart pine pen.

cskipper

Cathy
This hobby cost me enough as it is, I ain't about to start throwing money at it :lol: :lol:

Would that fall under defacing currency? I whink the gov't doesn't look to favorably on that, but it would look cool.

Eagle, we missed seeing you today.

MikeH

New User
Mike
Dave those are some beautifil pens. I really like the curly mohagany! That is one purdy pen!!! :eusa_clap

cskipper

Cathy
Great lloking pens Dave!

Eagle, you have a point there. Of course, some men would love the idea of the white being their wife's credit cards :lol:

DavidF

New User
David
I don't think we should be using real ivory for anything! there are plenty of substitutes and CC's are one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS