Best price on a Work Sharp 3000?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
I am going to get a WS3000 to replace my Tormek. Seems like EVERYONE is selling the WS for $199.95! The best deal is Rockler who is including a spare glass disc and is just a few dollars cheaper than the same setup from Amazon w/free shipping. Now that the Greensboro NC store closed is there any NC tax on a Rockler mailorder?

Has anyone seen these any cheaper?

Can the Klingspor NCWW 10% discount be applied to something like this?

Is this math correct if I were to buy it at Klingspor?

200.00 list
-20.00 NCWW 10% discount
+12.15 tax (180 X .0675)
192.15 (a whopping $7.85 less than Amazon- but I'd spend $30 in gas driving to get it :-( )

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I am going to get a WS3000 to replace my Tormek. Seems like EVERYONE is selling the WS for $199.95! The best deal is Rockler who is including a spare glass disc and is just a few dollars cheaper than the same setup from Amazon w/free shipping. Now that the Greensboro NC store closed is there any NC tax on a Rockler mailorder?

Has anyone seen these any cheaper?

Can the Klingspor NCWW 10% discount be applied to something like this?

Is this math correct if I were to buy it at Klingspor?

200.00 list
-20.00 NCWW 10% discount
+12.15 tax (180 X .0675)
192.15 (a whopping $7.85 less than Amazon- but I'd spend $30 in gas driving to get it :-( )
I think the WS would be considred a power tool. No discount.:wcry:

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
I thought WC had it for $199 w/ a free glass wheel (or something). Might be worth checking on that deal to see if it is still around.

Personally, I think the price is a bit high. It's a bit of a "new toy" price for about a $75 piece of equipment. I'd like to have one, but am waiting on a market price adjustment.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Alan,

Right now Hartville tool is offering free shipping on products over $75.

They list it @ $199.99, no NC tax. Check around I think that there is a 15% Woodnet discount that might also be available that would bring it down to $160. DaveO used to know about the discount, check with him or wait for another member to chime in.

http://www.hartvilletool.com/

Good luck,

Jimmy:)

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Sorry about last price, estimate price would be $170 with discount. I had alittle bit of CRS syndrome.

Badabing

New User
Joe
Alan, I got mine from WoodCraft online when they were offering a special. I think I got 10% off and I got a $25 gift card (but the price was a little more than $199 at the time). So I think I netted it for about $190, which I thought was good enough :icon_thum They run these specials several times a year so keep an eye open, it could be worth waiting a little.

BTW, if you want to know my opinion, I reviewed it on my website (see the link below) :-D...

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Alan,

Right now Hartville tool is offering free shipping on products over $75.

They list it @ $199.99, no NC tax. Check around I think that there is a 15% Woodnet discount that might also be available that would bring it down to $160. DaveO used to know about the discount, check with him or wait for another member to chime in.

http://www.hartvilletool.com/

Good luck,

For the Hartville Tool discount just enter Woodnet15 in the comment section of the online order form, or mention it over the phone. It won't come off at check out, they have to do it manually, but you will see the reduced price on your CC.
Dave:)

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
I don't know what happened to my earlier reply, but thanks to all, especially Jimmy and DaveO. I didn't know about Hartville's *free shipping and forgot about the WoodNet discount. Hartville is good people. Last summer I visited their brick and mortar store in, of all places, Hartville, OH.:-D

I ordered tonight and it should run $170.

FYI, Jerry Grant who bought my Tormek is spending the weekend in Columbia, SC taking WW classes from David Marks!!!!!

*Update: I just noticed the Hartville Winter Catalog announcing free shipping on my end table- it came in today's mail!:oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS