Been away a long, long time ......

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimThomasson

New User
Jim
Dear friends, I've been away a very long time. My Father, after struggling with a variety of illnesses, passed away this past Tuesday afternoon. He was an excellent woodworker and a highly creative mind who could always solve a problem, no matter how complex. Many times, I would call him to ask how to get a certain finish, make a complex joint, etc. He always came up with the solution. He will be sorely missed.

Jim Thomasson:cry:

Terry

New User
Terrence P. Rielly
Jim,
I am sorry to hear about your dad and my prayers are with you and your family. I know you will miss him very much as he was apart of your woodworking life when you needed him. Welcome back and God Bless! Terry

TBone

New User
Tommy
Jim,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. It's something most of us will face and it's never easy.

It's been just over 3 years for me and we were talking yesterday with my mom about how he'd be carving the turkey with the dogs waiting for the scraps. Not sure which he liked better, eating the turkey or feeding the dogs a few pieces.

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Jim-----------I extend my most sincere sympathy. I am sure he taught you a lot that will be used as you continue this life. God bless.

Jerry

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
My deepest sympathies for you and your family Jim. We lost our dad in August so I know how toiug it is. Our prayers and thoughts are with you.

nelsone

New User
Ed
Sounds like you and your dad shared a great relationship. I know you will miss him and his advice. This is an unfortunate part of life. I hope your faith provides you some consolation in that he is in a better place.

dave "dhi"

New User
Dave
my heart felt thoughts go out to you and your family. i personally know how valuable time and memories with a parent mean. i lost my mother way to early in both mine and her life. i was 15 and she was only 35. she past due to breast cancer! so i treasure every moment i get to spend with my father who still lives in buffalo. he will be coming down to carolina to visit grandkids and help me try to finish building my families home(he's gonna tackle all tile work):eusa_danc!

just be proud you were able to spend 55+ years of quality time! i'd take half that with my mother! but i know she didnt have to go thru anymore pain after that day! bye

dave

cskipper

Cathy
Jim, I am sorry to hear about your dad. Sounds like he was a good friend as well as father. When you need advice, listen and I bet he'll still tell you the answer.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Sincere condolences Jim. We've missed you input.
Perhaps it's time for another Durham get together at Tylers:icon_thum

Roger

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Im sorry to hear about your Dad Jim....I know you will miss him as I did mine....Have faith

M

McRabbet

Jim,

Please accept my sincerest condolences on the passing our your Dad. I still treasure many fond memories of my Dad from our times together -- he died nearly 15 years ago at 83 -- and of my Mom who died earlier this year at 95. We will all lose these precise people in our lives, but their memories never die.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
My sincere symathy, friend. I have been there.

I was looking at some of my Dad's old hand tools recently and a tool box he built in circa 1939. I still miss our conversations.

Will keep you and yours in our prayers.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Jim, I am truly sorry for your loss. You dad sounds like he was a wonder father and a best friend. I pray that you take comfort in knowing your dad is home.

MikeH

New User
Mike
Jim,
I'm very sorry to hear about your Father. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS