Basket case PC 337 belt sander - FREE to a good shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
More than a few years ago a friend gave me a PC 337 belt sander that was not working. I managed to disassemble it and find some parts that were all broken up in there. I never progressed past that point. I did not acquire any new parts or do much else besides box it all up.

So if you are interested in a basket (actually a box) of parts that could be used for your existing PC 337 or even re-assembled into (most of) a PC 337 belt sander (3x21), PM me. FREE to a NCWWer. I'm in the south west Raleigh area, close to Lake Johnson and to Cary Crossroads.

Henry W
hwynands@ieee.org

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Re: Clarification - PC 337 belt sander - FREE to a good shop

Just to clarify - this PC 337 3x21 belt sander is in the stage of major sub-assemblies. I did not separate every part and screw... I just dis-assembled enough to figure out that the "fan blade" at the end of the motor had shattered. I recall that the motor it self worked fine.

Henry

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Henery, is it a 337, or a 357. I think I still have a stash of 357 parts in my shop. Probably right there with those drill press handles I took off about 15+ years ago, that I now need. Unfortunately or fortunately depending upon your needs, 357's have been popping up in pawnshops in the $50 range here recently. Just last week, I paid about $20 + tax for a replacement bag, when a nearby pawn shop had an in new condition 357 VS with bag for $49 out the door.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Bruce: I believe it is a PC 337. I looked and then came inside and wrote the posting - but my memory being what it is, I could be wrong. I looked and 337 seemed to have been a PC belt sander. I am guessing this one is well over 10 years old (because I have had it for at least 5, if not 8 years).

Maybe if I ask you to find belt sander parts, you'll be able to locate those DP handles!

Henry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors