Artisan Pirate

Artisan Pirate
Corporate Member

Hey Everyone! In this scroll saw project video, I make some neat backpacking stick figures from an amazing book by Fox Chapel Publishing! These amazing and unique stick figures are a great way to use up the ever accumulating scrap wood! Hope you all like the video!

#ArtisanPirate

Wilsoncb

Williemakeit
Corporate Member
Nice video as usual. I really like those figures.

I have a question for you. In the video it doesn’t look like you sanded the 3/4” sawn edges. However, from what I can see they look pretty good. I don’t have a scroll saw, only a band saw. Obviously I can’t cut something like that on the bandsaw, but if I cut any shape, the sawn edges would look really bad and would need significant sanding. How do your sawn edges come out smooth? The blade? The technique? Pirate rum?

Artisan Pirate

Artisan Pirate
Corporate Member

I have a question for you. In the video it doesn’t look like you sanded the 3/4” sawn edges. However, from what I can see they look pretty good. I don’t have a scroll saw, only a band saw. Obviously I can’t cut something like that on the bandsaw, but if I cut any shape, the sawn edges would look really bad and would need significant sanding. How do your sawn edges come out smooth? The blade? The technique? Pirate rum?
I understand about the roughness of the bandsaw cut, with proper blade selection on the scroll saw, it comes out nice and smooth with minimal sanding required

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member

Band saws cut with all downward pointing teeth. The results are tear out or rough edges especially on the bottom side. Bandsaw blades also have larger teeth. On the other han, scroll saw blade teeth are ver small in comparison and there are blades that have teeth pointing in both directions which virtually eliminate tear out on the bottom edge.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS