Backbench upper cabinets progress *w/Pics*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
I'll be working on, what else, the shop backbench this weekend. I got a good start this week and have everything cut and ready to assemble. I hope to finish the upper cabinets and maybe start sanding- I may not be good, but I'm slow!!!!

I'll be working on the center upper cabinets and shelf. The doors will be glass but done in a different style than this computer rendition:

Backbench-A.jpg

The ply boxes are done as are the oak faceframes. Here is the left cabinet and shelf unit
Backbench-33.JPG

The right cabinet
Backbench-34.JPG

End panel glue up
Backbench-35.JPG

A&C/mission style end panel temporarily clamped in place. The doors will be in this style also. I've got all the parts cut.
Backbench-36.JPG

M

McRabbet

Alan, it is excruciatingly clear that your definition of "slow" and my perfection of the term are two different things. Superb job on the cabinetry -- you've set a very high standard for shops in NC!!

Rob

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Alan,

Your cabinet work is nothing short of phenomenal. If the shop looks that good, I can't wait to see what you produce from that shop.

Ray

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Wow........your really knocking this project out Alan. Your upper cabinets are looking really good.:icon_thum Will the shelves in the unit you plan to make for your tool bins (far left side) be adjustable or fixed?

D L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors