ATTN: Jet mini lathe variable speed owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truefire

New User
Chris
I own a model 1014 variable speed Jet mini lathe. i placed a double pole, double throw switch in the control box and it worked fine. I had both forward and reverse directional flow of the motor until I actually accidentally hit the double pole switch while in forward motion.

Now all i have is wide open speed, still in both directions. My question is I guess I burnt the contacts closed in the rheostat switch (the variable control switch) or do you think I burnt the circuit board somewhere.

I am electrically inclined and understand switches, relays and such. I am just not all that familiar with the electronic side of things such as all of those little resistors, diodes and such.

Any info or advice, would be greatly appreciated.

Man alive...........
:kamahlitu

Truefire

New User
Chris
Cathy thanks for inquiring about my lathe, yes I did finally get it fixed. I accidentally fried something on the circuit board and had to obtain another one from the manufacturer. I wish i knew a little about electronics and could possibly have troubleshot the old board and repaired it. But maybe one day, i can study up on electronics. I am electrically inclined and have worked as an electrician for about 6 years. Understand motor controls, contactors, relays and such just don't know much about electronic and boards.

Thanks again for asking. Chris:eusa_thin:eusa_thin:eusa_thin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS