As the name implies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eaglesc

New User
Eagle
I'm Eagle from the South Carolina part of North Carolina.
I have met a few of you at Woodguys and other IGIT functions.
I have tried to register here a number of times but gave up in frustration,this time it worked.
I made a post on another Site yesterday and wound up speaking with one of your members last night.I asked him to send me the link and here I am.
Some may know me for my passion of pencrafting.Some may have preconceived notions about me (mostly deserved).
Anyway, for what its' worth, here I am.
Here's a smaple of my latest work
Copper vein on Copper
2006912233931_Copper%20Swirl%20002.jpg

T

toolferone

Hi Eagle,

Long time no see. Glad to see you on board. That is a great looking pen as usual!

Monty

New User
Monty
Wow - that's a nice looking pen. Welcome, glad you made it here.

By the way, I think I found another piece of your compound miter saw the other day... I'll take a pic and you can tell me if you think it fits your saw.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Hi Eagle,

Welcome to the North Carolina Wood Workers site. We do have some pen turners here. I have to say your work is fantastic. That's a really beautiful pen. Sorry to hear that you had some troubles registering with this site, but you're here now, and we certainly hope you stay.

Ray

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Hey Eagle, glad you finally can join us. I am still in awe of your pens. Your expertise will be a huge asset to all the pen turners in our membership. Please show off more of your work, you'll blow people away 8-O8-O8-O

Dave:)

M

McRabbet

Very nice work on the Cu ^ Cu pen! And welcome aboard the site. We all look forward to your posts.

Rob

Greybeard

New User
Pat
Welcome to the site, Eagle! Good to see you got registered on the site! I think anyone who turns pens or wants to is in awe of your accomplishments in designing and turning pens. When you get the time, feel free to request an photo album and post some of your work for everyone to see. Great to have you on board! :)

Pat

skeeter

New User
Charles
Hello Eagle and welcome to the site! That is one awsome looking pen. I'd really like to see more when you get time to request an album and post pix.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Eagle, just go to the photo album and click on upload photo, the site will know who you are and automatically assign you an album. Then you can create any sub-cats that you want. Upload one pic first, then create any subs that you want and then upload the rest of your pics to where they belong. That is easier than having to move a bunch of pics around into the right sub-catagories.
Dave:)

Eaglesc

New User
Eagle
Eagle welcome to the group. Awesome pen turning skills you have there. I hope to learn something from you.
I hope you can learn from example,It is a well known fact I don't write "HOW TO'S"
Well I did do one.
If you try and get stumped maybe I have run across the same situation, maybe not.
Step by step?
Nope.

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
Welcome friend, that is some wonderful work. Thanks for being a part of our little group and know that your welcome here. We all learn some from each other no matter what we bring to the table. As it seems we will be looking to you for pen making along with our other pen turners like clownman and others. Glad you made it to our part of the cyber world and have a blessed day friend.

dozer

Mike
Eagle welcome to the site I am a member of IPA also and really enjoy looking at your work it gives me lots of ideas to try and some needed inspiration.

Mike

Eaglesc

New User
Eagle
Eagle,

Do you do other types of projects too, or do you concentrate on pens?

Ray
In a word, not much lately.
I kind of stumbled into pencrafting via a member of Woodnet, Knothaid 2 years ago.He mentioned he made pens and I investigated it.I had seen the Kits in Woodcraft and Penn State, but never paid much attention to them. I bought a pen lathe on fathers day 2 years ago.My first pens were Flat top Americans from WC and I was hooked.I made 20 pens before I knew what a slim line was, what a let down there didn't seem to be much of a challenge so I started experimenting with making my own blanks and modifying the "kits". I started turning antler and loved working with the stuff.
Back to your question.
My "Shop" is a building 12x16 I made for my lawn mower and garden stuff.Once the tablesaw left the dining room that building became my shop and I proceded to fill it with tools that I have always wanted or needed at times.
I may be the only penturner you have ever seen that has an 8" jointer.( I have even used it at times but it takes and Act of Congess and aligment of the planets.
Along with the table saw and jointer I have 3 lathes a 14 inch Jet bandsaw with a riser, scroll saw, routers, Ryobi bench top DP, 2 other table saws not set up, 2 compound miter saws and all the other stuff you have to have.
What I don't have a lot of is space.
I do other "pen related" projects.
this is a presentation display box I recently delivered to a customer who wanted an anniversary gift for her husband.Wlanut and Ross kebbes box with maple splined mitered corners and a flocked foam insert fitted for the pens.

herringbone_finished_007.jpg

This past christmas one of my retail customers wanted some unique pen presentation boxes.
these were made from Zebra wood for Wart Hog pens I turned for a cutomer of hers. This was my first attempt at bandsaw boxes.
Copy_3_of_Warthog_trio_custom_order_002.jpg

I have also built cabinets and other "outdoor stuff along with rebuilding an as yet unfinished mill house.
In an earlier life I tried my hand at rebuilding an 1880 2&1/2 story barn along with double cross buck sliding doors that measured 12'6" by 14'.
Pens take up a lot less space.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Eagle,

From what I can see, you are truely an artist. These are beautiful. Please do jump to any of the discussions and help us out with your knowledge and experience.

Again, Welcome to the NCWW

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors