Anyone in Raleigh area have a new(ish) 12v Makita battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

merrill77

Master Scrap Maker
Chris
My drill, a 12v Makita, is feeling quite lack-luster lately. I like it, and it seems to be in good shape, except for a lack of power. The motor sounds great, the armature is clean and the brushes look good, so I'm thinking it is the batteries. I have 3 batteries and they all give the same poor result...but that isn't surprising since I rotate the thee evenly. I want to try a fresh new battery in the drill before I plunk down cash for new batteries.

Considering the 2 new batteries are going to be about $120, I'm considering simply replacing the whole thing. Seems like such a waste, though.

Skymaster

New User
Jack
I havent tried this myself but I have read in various forums ways to "fix" weak batteries.
Take one battery toss it in your freezer for a full overnight visit, then take it out and let is sit until it finally gets back to room temp, than recharge it. This is supposed to help alot.
I wood b curious to hear the results:gar-Bi

Rob

New User
Rob
I've replaced good drills because replacing the battery would cost the same amount. I've two Makita 14 volt batteries that wont hold a charge, but refuse to toss the drill. I need to investigate getting them rebuilt.

merrill77

Master Scrap Maker
Chris
I've looked into that - the cost of the rebuild isn't far from the cost of replacement...at least the rebuilders that I've found :(

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
MTO Battery.com Jason will do you RIGHT! Google MTO Battery.com and see what pops up.

+1

Jason rebuilt a pair of Bosch 13.4 batteries for me about two years ago and they are still going strong!:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum (For a lot less than new!!!)

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS