another vase

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyrod444

New User
Jack
Here is a vase I got off the other side of the tree from the curly maple vase I posted last week. It doesn't have any curl to speak of, but still has some nice stuff going on in it. It is 12" high by around 9" in dia. finished with deft. The photo is one of the first I've taken in my new photo tent I just got. The tent is 36" x 36" and should work well when I figure out where to place the lights.
Thanks,
Jack
IMG_0829.JPG

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Man That is Cool~!.

Nice Grain, Nice Form. One question: When you use Deft, is that all you use? No BLO or anything else? Just Deft???

Thanks,

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Awesome Jack
Not sure if I like the wood or the form better. Both are great and work so well together.
I hate it when I look at a piece and WISH I'd used a different wood for the form etc...
Anyway to core a piece like that at all, or is it all left to dust collector?
I can't imagine there is, but if anyone would know - I'd say you'd have the scoop!

flyrod444

New User
Jack
Thanks again,
No cores from this bowl. One could get a small cone cored from it if they used the McNaughton system , but it really would not be worth the effort since it would have been so small. The opening is around 4".
Thanks,
Jack

sasjzl

New User
Jim
Jack,

Simply stunning. You might have already published this but I am new to this forum and board and I am very interested in how you make the Deft finish look so good.

Thanks,
Jim Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS