Another Shop-Built Mobile Base

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Finally got around to putting this thing on wheels! I really like this version. Built from some scrap oak I got from Jeremy (Woodwrangler) and a small chunk of walnut. I bought 4 2" casters for $10 at the BORG and had the hinges, levelers, etc. laying around.
(the bandsaw came from The Woodworking Source)

BS_Base_1.jpg

BS_Base_3.jpg

BS_Base_2.jpg

pete

eyekode

New User
Salem
Pete,
Looks great but I don't get it :). I see the handle is eccentric like a cam and when you flip it the wheels are pressed down but how are they attached? Door hinges?
Thanks!
Salem

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
The first picture shows the "wheels up" position. When you rotate the cam to the left it pushes the caster board down raising the base off the levelers. Works great.
No picture of the bottom but this should do you . . .

BS_Base_Plan_Page_3.jpg

The plans came from here:
http://www.woodstore.net/roltoolbas.html

jhreed

james
Corporate Member
Mobile base looks great, so does the bandsaw. Looks identical to my Delta, even down to the on/off switch, except for the color.

You are a robust guy, but I would have loved to see you bear hug that saw and set it on the mobile base.

James

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
You are a robust guy, but I would have loved to see you bear hug that saw and set it on the mobile base.

I think this is the first time I've ever been accused of being "robust" ! :gar-La;

Actually it was pretty easy. Just tilted it up one side at a time putting 2x4's underneath. 2 on each side got it high enough to tilt it up, slide the base under it and slide it in.

Dennis - I think I "gloated" about the BS some time ago. I've had it a while. Just now got around to making it mobile.

mlzettl

Matt
Corporate Member
Pete,

I like it - simple, yet profound. I've been tossing around a few ideas for a base for my bandsaw, and this looks like it might be just the ticket. Thanks for sharing.'

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS