another norm router table WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

bman

New User
barry
well guys been working on the new deluxe NYWS router station used old bench material recycled for most of the case (bigger is not always better i found out) the old bench was too high ,to wide ,the draws were to big it is gone now and rising from the ashes (like the Phoenix) comes the

router station deluxe i will post the photos :icon_scra once i figure that out again been some changes since the last time

barry

think i got now:icon_thum not ready for use yet need to trrim it out ,frt door fence and DC and the part i am dreading cutting the hole for the plate

Last edited:

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
well guys been working on the new deluxe NYWS router station used old bench material recycled for most of the case (bigger is not always better i found out) the old bench was too high ,to wide ,the draws were to big it is gone now and rising from the ashes (like the Phoenix) comes the

router station deluxe i will post the photos :icon_scra once i figure that out again been some changes since the last time

barry

howdy barry! havent heard from you in a while.:wconfused: ya doin ok?
stop by fer a visit some afternoon.:icon_thum oh and um POST SOME PICS!!!!!!!:rotflm:

bman

New User
barry
hey fred been lurking .....just hadnt had much to contribute things have sure changed how do i get the photos to my gallery?:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead: i took um with my cell phone ....not the best quality .....we need to get together sometime soon like to see ...... what new tools\toys ....you added
barry

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
hey fred been lurking .....just hadnt had much to contribute things have sure changed how do i get the photos to my gallery?:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead: i took um with my cell phone ....not the best quality .....we need to get together sometime soon like to see ...... what new tools\toys ....you added
barry

well..... I managed to get pics in my gallery but if I tell ya how i'll haf ta kill ya!:gar-La; Its sumpin I got to learn each time i do it.:embaresse jess hold ur mouth this way and type with these 2 fingers and ...........:rotflm: still got the number?come by anytime.

fred

bman

New User
barry
thanks travis i am pretty happy :BangHead: (knock on wood)with it so far shoud be a great addtion to the shop

bman

New User
barry
Update !!!

well we are about 99% done here are some more pics for you guys

the router plate i got from rockler was warped they are sending me a replacment i hope that one not warped if it is i am getting the one from woodpecker

JimD

Jim
Senior User
FrontView2.jpg
Looks good. Here's mine. Sorry for the quality of the pictures. When they are real small they look pretty good. I incorporated a lift as described in the March 2004 edition of American Woodworker. Raising the top to change bits works well. Being able to turn a screw to raise the router bit is very nice too.
TopUp.jpg

Last edited:

bman

New User
barry
well guys the new plate arived good to go not perfect but close enough the dust collection gets about 70% of the chips may need to install some baffels to change the air flow or i will just live with it.......... that is much better than 0% i think we'll stick a fork in her cause wee's done
barry

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Slick table, Barry!!!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

I am sure that you will find a bunch of new uses for your router when mounted in a table like this. The storage is a definite plus! I spend more time than enough looking for the right bit in my "router bit drawer":embarrassed:.

Thanks for sharing!

Wayne

JimD

Jim
Senior User
My lift is based upon an article in the March 2004 issue of American Woodworker. Most of the parts came from McMaster Carr (including chrome plated machined rods, and oilite bushings).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors