Another Bow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hook

New User
Gregory
Another Judy Gale Roberts pattern, this one with bells

The glue set up faster than I wanted it too, so repositioning things became very difficult. I was using Titebond II

Hook

New User
Gregory
Intarsia (I have no clue - yet - what segmentation is) :mrgreen:

Cherry and Poplar

I hope to finish up at least 3 more projects today, possibly as many as 5

I have something like 8 or 9 more projects still in process so I think I just need to finish them up before I start something new (like the next pattern out Judy's book).

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Intarsia (I have no clue - yet - what segmentation is) :mrgreen:

Cherry and Poplar

I hope to finish up at least 3 more projects today, possibly as many as 5

I have something like 8 or 9 more projects still in process so I think I just need to finish them up before I start something new (like the next pattern out Judy's book).

Greg, segmentation is somewhat the same as Intarsia but, using that same piece of wood to make the project with - ex. taking a piece of 3/4 oak or wood of choice cutting the bow and bells out of same piece and stain the piece to the choice of color - segmentation for me is a cheaper way to make Intarsia pieces - I see alot of Intarsia pieces I would like to make but can't afford all of the exotic woods - I did this seg with one piece of 3/4 Poplar Sprated it with the rock spray paint and stained the rest - Hummmm I tried to add the picture but it didn't come up - go to my gallery and look at the Praying Jesushttp://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/data
Phillip

Last edited:

sawduster

New User
Robert
Good job :icon_thum I'm like Phillip , if I do anything at all it is segmentation . I'm not very good at fitting different woods together like Rita :notworthy:

cskipper

Cathy
Would the following be intarsia or segmentation:
1 piece of wood, but rotating the grain for effect

1 piece of wood, rotating the grain for effect, and shaping pieces for effect

sawduster

New User
Robert
i would call that segmentation since it is all the same wood and there is no cutting and "fitting" of different species
Just my opinion though , there seems to be gray areas in that regard

PChristy

New User
Phillip
i would call that segmentation since it is all the same wood and there is no cutting and "fitting" of different species
Just my opinion though , there seems to be gray areas in that regard

If I am correst Intarsia is only made with different types of wood to get the effect -then you would put clear on that so that all of the woods would stand out - if you cut it all out of the same wood and leave it natural or even stain it the different colors I believe that you will still see the grain of said wood - if you shape it to get the effect I believe that is a combo. of Intarsia and Seg. JMT

Phillip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors