Announcing the Fall 2011 Raffle *ONLINE TICKET SALES NOW AVAILABLE*

Status
Not open for further replies.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Just as a reminder, American Express is not accepted with our processor.

steviegwood

New User
Steven
Hi Folks, now you all let me know when I win all the prizes so I can come to NC to relieve you of them. hehe Good luck to all. Steve

M

McRabbet

I thought I'd add some updates on some of the prizes in this Fall's Raffle. Let's start with the ClearVue CV1800 Cyclone Dust Collector in Lot 1 (from the ClearVue website, www.clearvuecyclones.com).

CV1800 LH Single Phase System includes:
  1. Leeson 5HP Motor - Single Phase
  2. 15" Blower Housing
  3. 15" Impeller
  4. CV1800 LH Cyclone Body
  5. 90° Filter Transition
  6. Hanger Plate Assembly
  7. Heavy Duty Motor Relay
  8. Cyclone Hardware Kit
  9. (2) 9L300BL Wynn Filters
Our cyclone bodies are built from heavy gauge 1/8" thick patented copolyester (PETG) plastic, which includes the best qualities of both acrylic (Plexiglas) and poly carbonate (Lexan). PETG plastic has the toughness and scratch resistance of poly carbonate, is cold forming (can be bent at room temperature to 90 degrees without breaking), and is very impact resistant. Additionally, it has the cost effectiveness of acrylic without being brittle.

ClearVue cyclones are thermo-formed over machined round forms, making them as true to a perfect circle as possible. All seams on our cyclones are of an offset lap type joint, making the inside of the cyclone very smooth thus keeping air turbulence and friction to a minimum.
The CV1800 units include an 18" diameter (PETG) plastic cyclone with an MDF board ring at the top, an intake transition from rectangle to 6" round, as well as a piece of 6" flex hose at the bottom of the cyclone for hooking up to the trash can. For single phase units, a relay is included.

cv1800-rh-system-3-phase-with-filters.jpg

View image in gallery

Although this diagram is a little fuzzy (I expanded theri drawing), you can get a good idea of the size of the Cyclone and filter stack from the above picture. It is about 8' tall and requires a 240 VAC dedicated circuit with a 30 Amp breaker.
And the First Ticket Drawn will win it!

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Any particular reason you are not accepting Amex?

Mike

Fees are extremely high and our processor turned us down due to running raffles. "Amex sees it as online gambling. We were lucky to get the one we have to allow raffles".

mckenziedrums

New User
Tim
Well... I'll guarantee you guys win something by buying some tickets. I NEVER win at any kind of raffle so we'll just call it a donation ;)

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
If this is gambling, it's about the best odds I have seen.

What part of 'non-profit' do these processors not understand???

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
I don't consider this gambling; I bought some tickets for the prizes I am gonna get!:rotflm:

M

McRabbet

Please Note: The Raffle Drawing has been extended to November 19th (Saturday). We had to extend the date due to unforseen conflicts. The Mail-In deadline has been changed to Friday, November 11th.

Thanks for your understanding.

Modified to Saturday to allow more people to attend!

Last edited by a moderator:
M

McRabbet

The deadline for sending in check with your Mail-In Forms has also been extended to Friday, November 11th. The Online deadline has been extended to 6:00 PM Tuesday, November 15th.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

McRabbet

Just one more Week!

Folks,

The deadline for purchasing raffle ticket in this fall's effort is rapidly approaching!! Just one week from today will be your last chance to click that link at the top of the page to "Buy tickets now!".

To give you some added incentive, here are some details on Lot #2, the Delta 18" Drill Press. This is an impressive tool and offers many features that will make this tool an asset to every woodworker's shop. For full details, go to the Delta website, but here are the specifications:

This is Lot #2, so if you want to be sure you have a chance for it and the many other prizes, we encourage you to purchase a bunch of tickets -- you'll be increasing your odds of winning and you'll be helping us maintain the funding necessary to keep www.ncwoodworker.net free for all to access and to support many non-profit activities we conduct through the year.
So buy those tickets today!
and
Good Luck!

M

McRabbet

To be honest, we are way, way below our expectations. As of yesterday, we were at one-third of our goal. I plan to chack again tonight.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
It seems like a lot of folks wait until close to the end to purchase tickets, thinking that that is the best time to improve their chances.

Some folks like to buy early, thinking that that will improve their chances.

I have always been confused as to which method works best, so, i use both methods.

Buy early, buy late, buy often.

This seems like the best strategy to me. Who's with me????

And remember, it's all for a good, tax deductible, cause.

Guy in Paradise

New User
Guy Belleman
Bought the winning tickets, but...

the sale went through smoothly, but I didn't ever get the email confirmation. Should I worry? :eusa_thin

Guy Belleman
guy.belleman..at..pac..dot..dodea..dot..edu

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Only one more week. Guess I should start thinking about increasing my odds. :gar-Bi

That Delta drill press looks like it would fit very nicely in my shop. :eusa_danc

RayH

New User
Ray
Only one more week. Guess I should start thinking about increasing my odds. :gar-Bi

That Delta drill press looks like it would fit very nicely in my shop. :eusa_danc

Too late! I already bought the ticket for that.:gar-Bi

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS