An unexpected smallish gloat

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
I will have to take pics later so it's "real"...

I was about to leave work and I browsed CL quickly. Someone had a bunch of old assorted tools and only wanted $5; said they wanted to be sure someone knew where they were and could make it by. It was hard to make out what everything was, but I could see 3 longish bar clamps and figured they were worth at least $5, so I sent an email with my cell # and indicated I was leaving and would be driving almost right by the location. My phone rang right as I got off the freeway. :)

The clamps? They're Besseys. One is a little rusty, but it will clean up okay. But there was more. A Veritas cabinet scraper with the holder. A no name, but made in USA block plane in perfect condition. A shavehook that looks unused. A wood handled back saw that has seen little use. A file with an angle gauge. A hacksaw and various other less interesting tools. I think I made out okay. :eusa_danc

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Nice score(s) Andy!!!! :icon_thum

An old Trentian proverb: "Getting stuff for cheap is good." :rotflm:

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
I will have to take pics later so it's "real"...

I was about to leave work and I browsed CL quickly. Someone had a bunch of old assorted tools and only wanted $5; said they wanted to be sure someone knew where they were and could make it by. It was hard to make out what everything was, but I could see 3 longish bar clamps and figured they were worth at least $5, so I sent an email with my cell # and indicated I was leaving and would be driving almost right by the location. My phone rang right as I got off the freeway. :)

The clamps? They're Besseys. One is a little rusty, but it will clean up okay. But there was more. A Veritas cabinet scraper with the holder. A no name, but made in USA block plane in perfect condition. A shavehook that looks unused. A wood handled back saw that has seen little use. A file with an angle gauge. A hacksaw and various other less interesting tools. I think I made out okay. :eusa_danc

And to think that you were just complaining about people selling whole lots:rotflm:. Nice catch Andy:icon_thum.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
And to think that you were just complaining about people selling whole lots:rotflm:. Nice catch Andy:icon_thum.

I figured someone would nail me on that point. :)
My rant in the other thread was about people wanting you to buy more than what you want at somewhat normal prices. If they all went pennies on the dollar, I wouldn't have an issue. :rolf:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS