Ambrosia Maple Bandsaw Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken Massingale

New User
Ken
This is the Lotus design by Lois Ventura.
The right side is around 13" tall, the left is around 11". This is probably the only one of this design I will ever do. Sanding with sandpaper wrapped around fingers is no fun.
The finish is a couple of coats of Golden Oak Danish Oil followed by several coats of Natural Danish Oil, then waxed after a few days drying.
Thanks for looking.

ambsb1cal1.jpg

DaveO

New User
DaveO
That's awesome...I think I see a Calendar pic right there :icon_thum:icon_thum

Dave:)

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Beautiful Box. Definitely calendar material.:icon_thum:icon_thum

Mark Stewart

New User
Mark
Ken,
I saw this and I was speachless(my wife was worried 40 seconds no sound from me)this is truley a beautiful piece of work.

Did this come from your tree?

A#1 box

Thanks Mark

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Geesh, what to say? I've looked it over several times now and it keeps lookin better each time.

...nice design, great finish, beautiful wood. :icon_thum

Chuck

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Wow,

I am not sure what else to add, I mean everyone said everything I was thinking and more about your Beautiful work of art!

Well Done.

I am sure wrapping sand paper around your fingers took some time, but it looks like you took your time with the sanding, it truely shows.

Now question? Is it in layers? 4 layers? It kinda of looks like that on the top?

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
BEAUTIFULL,I have about four BS boxes that I started about uhhh 3 - 4 yrs ago :dontknow: kinda think they may be headed to the fire pit :kamahlitu

Ken Massingale

New User
Ken
Wow,

I am not sure what else to add, I mean everyone said everything I was thinking and more about your Beautiful work of art!

Well Done.

I am sure wrapping sand paper around your fingers took some time, but it looks like you took your time with the sanding, it truely shows.

Now question? Is it in layers? 4 layers? It kinda of looks like that on the top?
Thanks again guys.
Yes Matthew, it's 4 boards laminated together. I can provide a few in process pics if wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS