Aluminum X-wave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eaglesc

New User
Eagle
This is the next step in the evolution of the "wave" design.
Aluminum ebony and dyed veneers.
I don't know when I will summon up the courage to drill mill and turn this one.
I just like to look at it right now.
silver_black_Xwave_002.jpg

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Eagle, I think that you've taken your precision to a whole new level. It's hurting my head just starting to figure out how you glued that up. It must become a pen, nothing ventured nothing gained.
I really look forward to the finished product :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Dave:)

nelsone

New User
Ed
Suggestions?

Slimline???

I'M KIDDING!:lol:

All I've done are slimlines and euros. I have a cigar kit for my next inlay, but I don't have any experience with the others. Barons look nice. Could you do something with the CB to accentuate the pattern in the blank?

Eaglesc

New User
Eagle
Slimline???

I'M KIDDING!:lol:

All I've done are slimlines and euros. I have a cigar kit for my next inlay, but I don't have any experience with the others. Barons look nice. Could you do something with the CB to accentuate the pattern in the blank?

I don't know, I haven't made a $300.00 slimline yet.

Eaglesc

New User
Eagle
Hmmmm? Sterling Churchill?

Certainly an option.
I do have misgivings about using a Churchill or an El grande because of the lack of "meat" above the tube it is an extremely thin walled kit.
I can modify the tubes for the lower section but there is little that can be done with the cap.
Ideally I would like the wall thickness of a Sedona but in a larger sized pen.

Because of the placement of the "X's"(not everything is where it is "supposed" to be) and this being a prototype I may just make a chrome Perfect Fit.
As I said this is part of an "evolution" and I have plans to go even farther with this design.(I don't plan to go to woven metal just yet but there is another option I want to try).

clowman

Clay Lowman
Eagle, have you ever considered your own pen kit? I mean, I know you've tried most of them. You have good things to say about some, bad about others. I would think you could do a good job if you were interested. How hard would it be to bring to market a design of your own hand?

Eaglesc

New User
Eagle
Eagle, have you ever considered your own pen kit? I mean, I know you've tried most of them. You have good things to say about some, bad about others. I would think you could do a good job if you were interested. How hard would it be to bring to market a design of your own hand?

I have enough trouble marketing pens,Marketing anything takes time.
Mrrketing a set of components takes time and more money than I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors