After 5 months....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveT

New User
Dave Tenhoeve
Ok, so after 5 months of lurking and reading everyone else's threads I guess it is time I post here too.:-D

I am originally from Canada, moved here 9 year ago. By trade I am a network admin. I have been woodworking for about 4 years, but still consider myself a newbe. My first real project was a jewelry armoire for my wife from plans I found in Woodsmith.

Since then my other accomplishments have been a coputer workcenter, a doll cabinet and laundry cabinets.

MarkW

New User
Mark
Welcome aboard. I'm sure after 5 months of lurking you already know what a great site this is. I look forward to your contributions and we need pictures !

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Dave welcome to the site, thanks for introducing yourself. It is always good to see more "Dave's" around here. I am sure after 5 months you ought to know that you need to show us some pictures of your work. I would really like to see the jewelery amoire and doll cabinet, seeing as I have a young daughter who will probably be needing something like that very soon. So Request a Photo Album and show off your work :-D
Dave:)

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome Dave!

Glad that you have become a member! :eusa_danc You no doubt already can tell that these are some mighty kind, generous, talented and knowledgeable woodworkers here in N.C..

Feel free to jump in at any time with your suggestions and/or questions.

Have fun and see ya around,

Wayne

clowman

Clay Lowman
Hey, 5 months is nothing... It has taken Insom 2+ years to build his workbench! Anyway.. welcome to the site.

cskipper

Cathy
Welcome to the site - officially. Glad you introduced yourself. You already pretty much know us! Please post pictures.

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the site and we're happy to hear you've come out from behind the scenes! We'll look forward to seeing you more around the site.

Rob

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Dave,

Welcome to NCWW. I'd love to see some of your projects. I have a jewelry box in the backlog for my granddaughter... It'll be a box rather than a armoire... she doesn't have that much jewelry... yet.

Ray

DaveT

New User
Dave Tenhoeve
Thank you all for the warm welcome. For all of you that asked, I requested a photo gallery and have posted a few pictures.

JewelryArmoire02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Nice work in your Album. I would like to see a picture of the jewelery amoire open, if you have one.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Another Canadian eh! from where?

Dave - I too am a generally lurker here (that sounds sinister in other contexts) and a Canadian transplant (14 years already!). We moved here from Guelph in southern Ontario, but I have also lived in Sarnia (briefly), Strathroy, and Hamilton (all in Ontario).

Welcome.

Henry

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
HenryW and DaveT,

I am originally from just down the road from HenryW. Grew up in the Georgetown, Brampton/Bramalea, Ontario area. Relocated with my old job to N.C. in 1984. Had a couple of friends who had the opportunity to go to Guelph University. Where 'bouts do you hail from DaveT?

Welcome again!

Wayne

DaveT

New User
Dave Tenhoeve
Canuck said:
HenryW and DaveT,

I am originally from just down the road from HenryW. Grew up in the Georgetown, Brampton/Bramalea, Ontario area. Relocated with my old job to N.C. in 1984. Had a couple of friends who had the opportunity to go to Guelph University. Where 'bouts do you hail from DaveT?

Welcome again!

Wayne
Canuck and HenryW,

Originally I am from Brampton/Bramalea, I moved to Cornwal, ON when I was a kid and spent my teenage years there. Moved to Renfrew, ON 2 years before moving to NC. My Aunt and Uncle still live outside of Georgetown on the 9th line and my other Aunt lives in the Acton area somewhere.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
New Yorker who lived 25 minutes from Cornwall, depending on customs traffic at the bridge, dated a few girls from Cornwall. Malone, NY. probably said eh more than the Canadian's did.

I know that hockey should be played only where the local kids can have a pick-up game in the local frozen parking lots, or a local pond!

Last edited:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Beautiful, thanks for the pic. I was wondering if it had a place to hang necklaces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS