ad.gmodules.com hanging up site

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
So the google ad's are hanging up my browser. It takes a while for the page to finish loading.

It's not that big of a deal, I just thought y'all would like to know.

BTW, It's done it on my PC at work(IE) and home(FF).

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
it seems to be doing that here too. the page seems to come in in a reasonable time frame but there is a significant wait time before the rest of the page loads. sometimes a few seconds sometimes several seconds. its a little anoying sometimes but no big deal. I just figured it was steve afirming that I can go there!:rolf:

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
everyday for a while now. maybe a few months? I try to not complain too often!:gar-Bi

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Steve,
I want to say it's been like that for me since atleast Monday. Whatever you did fixed it! Back to browsing with speed.

Thanks!!

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
no change here. It may be my AV software. Madam IT person has it set to scan EVERYTHING ALL THE TIME!:gar-La;

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Steve,

It's back again this morning.

When browsing NCWW, I use the new post search function. From there I use the "go to first new post" button on the search results. After clicking on that button it jumps to the newest post, but I still have the hour glass beside my pointer and the floating menu hasn't "caught up" with me yet. It's slow enough that most of the time I can scroll to the top of the page and click the new posts button up there.

I just cleared my history and all this morning and still no dice.

Thanks again!

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
I tried to blame it on the AV software BUT it doesnt seem to do this on other sites. just this one.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Guys, I have seen this happen for short periods of time, but perhaps only once or twice since we statred to use Google Adsense. I am unable, to reproduce this problem at all.

If you know how to "ping" an address please do it with www.google.com. and then tell the approx average time.

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
I'm trying to watch what ad's are coming up when it hangs up. It's looking like it's the ebay and shopzilla ad's at the bottom of the page, but I'm still watching.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I'm trying to watch what ad's are coming up when it hangs up. It's looking like it's the ebay and shopzilla ad's at the bottom of the page, but I'm still watching.
if it is specific ads then we do something about that. Let me know. And if you can, tell me what the domain they going to is.

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Unless I'm totally crazy, I'm guessing you blocked those ads.

If you have, that resolved the problem, if not I guess my computers have decided to act right. But whichever it is, everythings back to normal.

Thanks Steve!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS