About Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren46

New User
Warren
By way of introduction I will say a little about myself.
I am on a glide path to retirement and working from home (desk job). Moved back to the Charlotte area in 2009 and built a separate workshop at my new home (still have some work to do to complete it). I look forward to having more time to play in my shop.
I may be a lumber hoarder. I have a few thousand board feet of oak and maple from yard trees that I have cut and had sawed over the years. A bit of walnut from trees that I cut in Illinois and hauled to North Carolina. Plus a few boards of miscellaneous species acquired over the years.
My shop is a fairly well equipped hobby shop including the usual suspects – TS, BS, RAS, jointer, 2 drill presses, drum sander (performax 22-44) and router table.
When I am not working on finishing my shop I build furniture and make small items such and boxes and picture frames. I have also spent some time refinishing derelict furniture and clocks.
Besides woodworking I collect old clocks and like to play the trombone a bit.
I look forward to getting to gether with some fellow wookworkers in the Union County/Charlotte area.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Welcome aboard, Warren!! Take it from me, there isn't one thing you won't like about retirement! If you're ever over this way, give me a yell and we'll meet for lunch or something. :wsmile:

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Welcome Warren.

As everyone here is about to tell you, we LOVE pictures around here. Pictures of your shop, your projects, your pets. We don't care, just pictures. :gar-La;

eyekode

New User
Salem
Welcome Warren! I have yet to hear someone say they have "finished" their shop :). And you don't sound like a wood "hoarder" to me. But I do you know what you could give your WW friends for Christmas :).
Salem

T

toolferone

Sounds like you will fit in to this great group of folks, as mentioned we love pics. Don't be shy of showing your work and asking for help if you need it.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Welcome, glad you found the site.
This is an interesting group with about any woodworking discipline represented and every level of wood worker as well.
Jump in when are where you can, or need to.

gator

George
Corporate Member
Welcome Warren. I'm glad you took my advise and checked us out. There are a lot of members around Charlotte, I'm sure you will meet up with many of them.

George

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, Warren!:icon_cheers

One thing that us retiree's can boast about is that we usually have plenty of time butchering wood and making lots of fine sawdust!:gar-La;

Hope you have good time around here and enjoy yourself with the "free time" after your retirement party. (One word of caution though, it seems that days get filled with plenty to do and not enough time to do it!)

Hoping to see some pictures of your new shop and some of your work in the future.

Have fun!

Wayne

nelsone

New User
Ed
Hey Warren. Glad to see you posted an introduction. I think you'll find this to be a excellent resource and group that is a bit unique from most forums in that we are close enough to get to actually know each other. Look forward to meeting you one of these days.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site Warren; I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. I retired three years ago after 30 years in the corporate world. It's great, except that like Canuck said, you just don't seem to have enough time in the day to do everything you want to. Oh well, maybe tomorrow. . . next week. . . next month. . . . . . . .:gar-La;

Bill

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Good to have you join, Warren. You have no doubt found a lot of NCWW'ers not too far from your shop.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome to the family. I am sure there are one or two folks here who would be happy to help you [STRIKE]out of[/STRIKE] with your hoarded liumber. :wsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS