A Year in the Making

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Sorensen

New User
Butch
Awesome work!...Oh, btw, I need a deck, too. So now I know who to hit up for advice.

One question, did you build your own roof trusses, or have them made?

I've got a 12 x 12 garden shed coming up and I'm debating that point.

Steve W

New User
Steve
Looks like it'll be a really nice-sized shop!

Did you pour the slab yourself? If so, did you use bags & a mixer or have a truck come?

:kermit: Steve

sapwood

New User
Roger
Wow!
You and your wife have reason to be proud, Ken :icon_thum
The hard work has paid off handsomely.

Roger

TXnNC

New User
Ken
First of all, a big thanks to everyone for the kind words and words of encouragement. It has been hard work, but we have enjoyed most of it!

Dave, yes, it is 3 stories. That is what happens when you ask your 5 year old "what do you want on your swingset" and your friend (who didn't help on it at all) tells you "you already have the 4x4s up there...you might as well just make it 3 stories".

Randy.. We did save a lot by doing the work ourselves. We only have about 750 in the swingset and 1k in the deck (it is only half done, but it will satisfy for now) and the shop will run about 7500. So, within the next few days you will see a gloat!

Steve...no, I had a contractor come in a pour the slab. 24x32 4" thick with 14" footers (11 yds). I framed myself and they did some leveling. Total cost was $2300.

Canuck...landscaping plans are underway...right after the shop is finished, the second half of the deck, hardwood floors, crown molding, paint basically every room in the house, ......

Don, I bought the kit from Discount Builders and it came with pre-built trusses delivered. The kit was $3950.

Thanks again for all the kind words. I will be posting more as we make progress.

M

McRabbet

That's a Lot of Your Labor and LOYL's Labor, too! A Texas-sized job with great progress in such a short time!! Kudos!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS