A Tasty Gloat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
Being a complete sucker for gadgets, I had to get Rockler's bench cookies the day they came out. So, when they introduced the Bench Cookie Rack I am sure they knew I would be first in line. And before the naysayers come out, these really do work!!!

benchcookies2.jpg

pslamp32

New User
Peter
Got those and the painter's pyramids. Love them both. I use the pyramids with a rotating platform made with a Lazy Susan and it makes for much easier spraying IMO.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Being a complete sucker for gadgets, I had to get Rockler's bench cookies the day they came out. So, when they introduced the Bench Cookie Rack I am sure they knew I would be first in line. And before the naysayers come out, these really do work!!!

I fully agree with you Geoff. I have used them repeatedly for a sanding and routing platform on my melamine covered table and haven't had a slip:BangHead: yet!!!! They perform very well even when there is lots of sawdust around.:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

Nice score BTW on the rack. I can see me losing them under benches and chasing them like a Carolina Hurricane or would it Be TEAM CANADA!!!:gar-La;

apparently bench dog has bench cookies now as well just saw them at the lowes

I saw them at Lowes as well when I was chasing the 50% off deal on their featherboards!

I also read somewhere that Rockler had bought out Benchdog. ......An internet read, so not sure about the validity!:dontknow:

Wayne

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
apparently bench dog has bench cookies now as well just saw them at the lowes

Apparently, Rockler purchased Bench Dog because Lowes wouldn't place Rockler products but would place Bench Dog ones. It's a dog eat dog world out there right now and only the strong are gonna survive!!

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Got those and the painter's pyramids. Love them both. I use the pyramids with a rotating platform made with a Lazy Susan and it makes for much easier spraying IMO.

Hey Peter, can you start a thread and show your pics of your rotating platform?

pslamp32

New User
Peter
Sure, but it's pretty simple. 2 flat squarish boards sandwiched around a ball bearing lazy susan thingie that I can rotate while I spray instead of me walking around the piece. I use the pyramids on top of the lazy susan and whatever piece I'm spraying on top of them. Here's the thingie I put between the 2 boards. They're like $5 at Lowe's...

415VRMPTCFL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Got the idea because I made a few rotating platforms for my LCD TVs at home the same way. Easier to turn the TV whichever way I need to now without moving the actual TV and having the TV base scuff my furniture. I put non-skid pads on the bottom of the lazy susan.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Sure, but it's pretty simple. 2 flat squarish boards sandwiched around a ball bearing lazy susan thingie that I can rotate while I spray instead of me walking around the piece. I use the pyramids on top of the lazy susan and whatever piece I'm spraying on top of them. Here's the thingie I put between the 2 boards. They're like $5 at Lowe's...

415VRMPTCFL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Got the idea because I made a few rotating platforms for my LCD TVs at home the same way. Easier to turn the TV whichever way I need to now without moving the actual TV and having the TV base scuff my furniture. I put non-skid pads on the bottom of the lazy susan.

Good idea, Pete!!!:icon_thum:icon_thum

A couple of years ago, my youngest daughter took a cake making class in preparation for another daughters wedding. She asked me to build a cake twirler for decorating.

I used the same thing sandwiched between two pieces 3./4" melamine. It worked great and was easy for her to clean when finished. Worked great!!!!

Now I just need to find it and put in the shop for this type of application.

Thanks for posting!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS