A Scrap Of Cedar Becomes......

Status
Not open for further replies.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
A scrap piece of cedar which if you haven't figured out yet:dontknow: :rotflm: Is my favorite wood. It is tough to work, and breaks apart a lot. I had three pen blanks "explode" on me while turning:BangHead:. I took my time and turned this cedar pen today. Thanks for looking! I am still confused as to why this is called the dark side of woodworking:dontknow:. It is so much fun!!!

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Tracy, Tracy! Please, Son, tell me that ain't some of that scrap I gave you last Thursday! :nah:

Those pieces were FLAT for a purpose!

:gar-La;

"Turn" that lathe over to Matt and come on back to the "Light" side!!

:rotflm:

Beautiful pen, by the way!

Glennbear

Glenn
A scrap piece of cedar which if you haven't figured out yet:dontknow: :rotflm: Is my favorite wood. It is tough to work, and breaks apart a lot. I had three pen blanks "explode" on me while turning:BangHead:. I took my time and turned this cedar pen today. Thanks for looking! I am still confused as to why this is called the dark side of woodworking:dontknow:. It is so much fun!!!

3 exploding blanks , tough wood to work , and you still call turning fun. Pretty darn cool!! Nice pens :wsmile:

TracyP

Tracy
Tracy, Tracy! Please, Son, tell me that ain't some of that scrap I gave you last Thursday! :nah:

Those pieces were FLAT for a purpose!

:gar-La;

"Turn" that lathe over to Matt and come on back to the "Light" side!!

:rotflm:

Beautiful pen, by the way!

Your cedar is still safe and flat:rotflm: Awaiting a really flat project!

J

jeff...

That's a sharp pen - I personally think ERC and old heart wood pine makes a really nice pen even if it is round.

Here's a heart pine pen someone over at IAP made from when I was selling pen blanks over there.

attachment.php

Remind me and I'll bring you some heart pine blanks at one of the NCWoodWorker events.

Thanks

TracyP

Tracy
Got stuck in the shop today:help::rotflm: having fun that is, Steve I may be there after work tomorrow if your work schedule permits.

TracyP

Tracy
That's a sharp pen - I personally think ERC and old heart wood pine makes a really nice pen even if it is round.

Here's a heart pine pen someone over at IAP made from when I was selling pen blanks over there.

attachment.php

Remind me and I'll bring you some heart pine blanks at one of the NCWoodWorker events.

Thanks

I will take you up on that. Thank you:thumbs_up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS