A Recent (Free) Shop Addition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
My first successful photo post!

About 2 weeks ago a friend gave me this (FREE). It was a rusty pile of pieces when I got it (spent last Winter outside). A new power switch and some electrical debug, Some heavy de-rusting (ROS & 60 grit), a new belt and disk, about 6 hours labor, and it's almost ready for use. I'm calling Jet tomorrow to order the broken/missing disk table hinge pieces. (The disk sander's table is sitting on the bench)

It's a Jet 1 hp with a 6 X 48 belt and a 12" disk. It's BIG (see 12 oz soda can on left for comparison). Now I've got to somehow make some space in my small shop for it and build a cabinet for it to sit on. It's a keeper. :gar-Bi
If interested, there are several other views of it in my gallery. Sorry, but I didn't think to take any photos of it when I brought it home.

Charley

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/showphoto.php?photo=33485&ppuser=2269

Don Sorensen

New User
Butch
Nice job bringing a tool back from the beyond!

And makes me feel better - I thought I had too much of a beast when I got my belt/disc sander - but that Jet is HUGE!

Now, keep an eye on your finger tips and make sure they don't turn up missing after a day of sanding! :embaresse

KC7CN

New User
Don
Once in a while the woodworking Angle smiles down at you. :icon_cheers That looks like a real nice sander! I have real old Craftsman 6x48 belt/disk combo, and use the belt all the time. You will really appreciate the 1HP motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS