A Member Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRD

New User
Jim
About two months ago I posted a photo of a mortar and pestil I had made out of Magnolia for a son who had received a lab promotion where he works.

A certain NC Woodworker member spied it and wanted one made for a sister who is a pharmacist. Ok, I tried, but my last piece of workable Magnolia split terribly so I gave this unidentified co-wood lover the choice of Maple instead because I had a good piece that could be used.

Here is the result......Unidentified NC Woodworker, I hope you like it. I'll hand it over at the May get-together.

Jim

Attachments

• P1000876-1.jpg
    P1000876-1.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 121
  • P1000872.jpg
    P1000872.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 132

DaveO

New User
DaveO
That is beautiful, it will be a cherished gift. How did you do the pour spout cut out, it looks great and adds a lot to the piece.
Dave:)

JRD

New User
Jim
Dave,

The pour spout cut out was the easiest thing about this. After turning the motar round, I simply used a Dremel tool and sanding cylinder to sand into the rim and create the spout.

Jim

J

jeff...

That's really cool - turnings amaze me you did a great job on that one :icon_thum

JRD

New User
Jim
Travis,

Like most folks I HATE SANDING.

Unfortunately, you have to do it. This was taken to 400 grit, finished with clear acrylic (sp?), then sanded with 400 again and waxed.

Jim

JRD

New User
Jim
Cathy,

How about this for a side shot?

Jim

Attachments

• P1000870.jpg
    P1000870.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 120

clowman

Clay Lowman
That's Beautiful, I'm with Dave, that pour spout adds quite a bit to the piece. I have to ask. Will it be a decoration? Or actually used? I have very little knowledge of the tools used in that trade.

JRD

New User
Jim
Clay,

I assume it will be purely decorative. That's all it was designed to be.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS