A good day turning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate Davey

New User
Nate
Had a small piece of hickory laying around so decided to try a mallet. The piece had been drying for about 5 months so was nice and dry. My stock wasn't very thick to start with, so added a little length to the mallet portion. I've left it unfinished to let the oils from my hands do there best. I used my new Ci1 to rough it out and the Ci3 to finish. Both did very well with the hard wood. While I was turning the gent who owns the lumber yard I get my wood from stopped by. His son, age 13, wants to start turning pens, so I traded him my old Turncrafter Pro VS for in-yard credit. A great day of turning. Now these hickory shaving and I are going out to the barbecue for discussion on tasty meat.
P7100060.JPG

sawduster

New User
Robert
Nice work bro :icon_thum I've just recently discovered hickory for the first time and it is not without it's challenges :eusa_doh:

Good on ya hooking the young one up :eusa_clap :eek:ccasion1

Nate Davey

New User
Nate
Thanks Robert,

Just got off the phone with his dad. He said it has gotten him out from in front of the XBox. Hickory is a little scratchy to turn, but once sanded, it sure looks nice.

sawduster

New User
Robert
Yeah, the Xbox is for during the heat of the day when it is too miserable to be in the shop :rotflm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS