A Good Day Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRD

New User
Jim
Nothing like a day off, and NO HONEY DO's!

So I was able to finally finish a half-done project begun last fall. Ever since making a small vase as one of my first projects, I've been wanting to do a larger one. This one is 9 1/2 inch tall about 6 inch at widest diameter. Wood is Poplar with some mineral stains showing too.

It's perfect for dried flowers. If I could just find a way to absolutely waterproof the interior, I'd do it so cut flowers could be used too, but I've not been able to find a waterproofing method that seemed both simple and foolproof.

Jim

Attachments

• P1010012.jpg
    P1010012.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 128
  • P1010014.jpg
    P1010014.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 119

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
nicely done.:eusa_clap fiberglass and resin works well but it sure is a mess to apply.

fred

DaveO

New User
DaveO
That's AWESOME!!!!

I really like the color and form.
Great job :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Dave:)

M

McRabbet

Well, you could try to find an hourglass-shaped vase to insert inside, but then it might be pretty tough to get it in...:roll: Nice job on interesting wood.

Rob

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Super job-------nice shape!!
I have heard of using clear epoxy to coat he inside for waterproofing---------never have tried it though.

Jerry

Toddler

New User
Todd
Jim,

Based on some previous threads, if you are seriously considering waterproofing the inside, I'd email Ben who goes by Coastal1 on this site.

He builds boats. I know west system epoxy can be used, but I wouldn't know which to get and Ben may know of some less expensive but equally waterproof options.

Todd

Eaglesc

New User
Eagle
Why not put in a plastic bag?
What is the dia of the opening?
Tennis ball containers will fit in a mason jar neck if you persuade them.they are 3"

SSuther

New User
Stan
Really beautiful work. I'm thinking I've seen glass "tumbler" style containers that might fit this properly. Go to any store that sells housewares. Bet you can find something that will work for not much $.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors