A gloat, thanks to another member

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
A few days back, I offered a Disston rip saw that I wasn't using to another member (Mark/Gofor) because he was looking for one. I just sent it to him, asking nothing in return. But he wouldn't let me get away with that and he sent back an envelope with some cash in it (he probably figured correctly that a check might not make it to the bank :) ). I really hadn't been planning to profit from that and I didn't want to just drop it into the general fund and not have something to remind me of his reciprocal kindness. Yeah, I justified a :tool: or two as the case may be:

05Z10.jpg

That's a Pfiel chip carving "set" (just a two piece, but they call it a set and give you a few bucks off the individual knives added together). I picked it up at Woodcraft at lunch time today!

Thanks, Mark! I hope you find the saw as useful as I will find these.

:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Congrats to both of you. :eusa_clap Sounds like we have two happy wood workers.:eusa_danc

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
And the spirit of ncww strikes again:gar-Bi. Great gesture from both of you.

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
I think I got a better end of the deal!! The saw is much better than anything I have for rip cutting, and pictures will be posted soon. I am trying to get the top of a table assembled, so have only had the chance to do a quick partial cut on a 6" water oak slab which went much better than what I had previously.

Happy it turned into a win for you as well!!:wsmile::wsmile:

Go

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
I have been practicing a Scandanavian chip pattern I am planning to put on the sides of a jouhikko (historic reproduction of a medieval Nordic fiddle) so I am already putting some hours on the knives. I haven't used that saw in years; I am glad it is back in use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS