A few pens from the last few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Had some time in the shop over today and a few days ago.

IMG_1755.JPG

IMG_17571.JPG

IMG_1770.JPG

IMG_1764.JPG

IMG_17691.JPG

IMG_1775.JPG

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Kevin, those are awesome pens. Save those pictures for the 2010 calendar.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
WOW, those are sharp :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Dave:)

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
I need to clean my backdrop. I didn't realize how dirty it was until I started really looking at the pics. I appreciate the comments. I had fun turning them. I am very happy with them. They were alot of fun. I think I am on an acrylic kick right now. I bought the two colored blanks from Craft Supplies USA at the Wood show last weekend. I really like them both. I am going to get some more and do a whole series of pens in those blanks.

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
Great pens!!! I saw the circuit board blanks in a sales flyer recently and thought "How cool are those". You did a great job. Which kits were used?

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Great pens!!! I saw the circuit board blanks in a sales flyer recently and thought "How cool are those". You did a great job. Which kits were used?

Mike it is on the bigger Wall Street kit. It's also called a Sierra Vista. I got these two at the GSO WoodCraft, I will find out tomorrow if the CLT store has them or not. I like the the kit as well. The only complaint I would have about it is that it is the same circuit board from kit to kit. You can flip the ends and play with the clip placement but it will look the same for the most part. I wouldn't let that keep me from getting some more.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'm partial to the woods & acrylics myself but I like the circuit boards too. If I'm correct the wood is B&W Ebony, right? I turned one of these myself and really liked it. My BIL got it @ Christmas. I told him what the wood was called, but that I called it 'Obama Wood' in honor of our then president elect. It really turns some nice pens if you get a good blank.

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Dennis they are all acrylic. the one does kinda have a B&W Ebony look. It is called Ligionaire. Yeah I have a feeling I will end up turning some more of the Circuit board pens. My brother and I are both in the IT industry and I am sure some coworkers and friends are going to want them :)

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
AWESOME JOB! Those are beautiful and you've stepped up the game for the rest of us when it comes to taking photos!

Where did you get those circuit board blanks? Those are sweet!

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
AWESOME JOB! Those are beautiful and you've stepped up the game for the rest of us when it comes to taking photos!

Where did you get those circuit board blanks? Those are sweet!

Thanks.. I am really starting to get into the photo taking piece of it. I just need to go out and actually get a tripod and take it to the next level. I washed my back ground last night so I am going to do some reshooting. The circuit board blanks are available at Woodcraft. I picked up a couple more while I was there yesterday. They have them onsale this weekend for $15 regular price is $19 but that comes with the pen kit. It is built around the bigger Wall Street kit or the Sierra Vista kit as other places call it. You can put them on other kits that use the same tube size but I don't remember which ones right now. They take no time to turn, they come drilled and tubes in. All you have to do is square and trim the ends, turn, shine and assemble.

Dragon

New User
David
Kewl work on the pens. I really like the circuit board ones too. Those ought to sell well with computer folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS