A few neat sites to pass along

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
The squarebowls guy clearly has problems... or perhaps he is just confused? nice looking stuff!

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Gary, I am not on that dark side yet but it is ssslllllllloooooooowwwwwwwwwllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyy pullllliiiinnnngggggg me in - Thanks for sharing

Mark Placek

New User
Mark
Hello, My name is Mark Placek from Niagara Falls.

I see that my web site has received several hundred hits from this posting. The first thing I want to say is;
I'm not confused and I don't have any problems...LOL.

I started turning pens about 6 years ago then small solid wood bowls,
as my turning skills increased so did the size of my turnings.
My largest bowl to date is 24" by 24" and 7" deep, having that large of a bowl spinning at 500 rpm's was very unnerving. If you measure across its diagonal the bowl was 34".

I take great pride in what I make and feel fortunate for the skills a great many people have helped me attain. I just submitted my work to the Smithsonian American Art Museum (Renwick Gallery) in Washington, DC for approval.

My thanks to the people who have given me membership here.

Take care, Mark

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Mark I am glad you could join us. Some folks around here think that making flat wood round is wrong, as that is the way it started :roll: Then you throw in roundness with flatness and squareness and that really gets them flustered :icon_scra. I think your art is exquisite and unique, and hope to be able to learn from you.
Please drop by the Who We Are forum and give us all a little more of an intro to yourself and your art.

Dave:)

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Hello, My name is Mark Placek from Niagara Falls.

I see that my web site has received several hundred hits from this posting. The first thing I want to say is;
I'm not confused and I don't have any problems...LOL.

I started turning pens about 6 years ago then small solid wood bowls,
as my turning skills increased so did the size of my turnings.
My largest bowl to date is 24" by 24" and 7" deep, having that large of a bowl spinning at 500 rpm's was very unnerving. If you measure across its diagonal the bowl was 34".

I take great pride in what I make and feel fortunate for the skills a great many people have helped me attain. I just submitted my work to the Smithsonian American Art Museum (Renwick Gallery) in Washington, DC for approval.

My thanks to the people who have given me membership here.

Take care, Mark

Mark, Welcome aboard. Take a minute when you can and do an introduction in the who we are forum. Your work is amazing!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS