A BIG thanks to Ncturner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
(I would have posted this in the Anchorseal group buy string, but at 102 responses it's getting kinda tough to find the new ones!)

Gary Conklin (NCTurner) deserves a big THANK YOU for his recent hard work in putting together the Anchorseal group purchase. We had a great time yesterday at the pickup event, and a lot of North Carolina Woodworker members were able to meet one another and spend some quality time together.

Gary - thanks much for your hard work, and unselfish efforts to bring this cash saving opportunity to everybody that wanted to benefit. I don't know how many hours that you have invested in this, but it certainly has to be a lot!

It's contributions such as yours that not only make North Carolina Woodworker a great place to hang out, but also serves to inspire the rest of us to seek opportunities to help others as well.

Thank you sir!

Scott

ps - for everybody else, out of the 110 gallons of anchorseal purchased in bulk, there are probably 20 gallons or so still available. Gary mentioned that he would be donating 100% of the sale price of these remaining gallons to North Carolina Woodworker, so if anybody needs some end sealer please help support all of us and buy up Gary's remaining stock quickly!

timf67

New User
Tim
+1!!! YES, thank you Gary!:notworthy:

Thanks to Scott too for hosting! wish I could've been there!

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
+1!!! YES, thank you Gary!:notworthy:

Thanks to Scott too for hosting! wish I could've been there!
+1 all the way around :icon_thum
Thanks Guys for all the work and great deal you setup.:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:
Wishing I can get out of this house soon:BangHead::BangHead:

lottathought

New User
Michael
Both Gary and Scott....
It is really good to have people here who are willing to put forward this type of effort.

It is appreciated. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

sapwood

New User
Roger
OK, I didn't buy any anchorseal and I missed the Sealant Festival :dontknow:

But I want to pile on the "Thanks to Gary" statement.
He has been a very supportive and sharing member of NCWWer since joining :icon_thum
I also admire his organizational skills . . . he has been a smooth operator with the raffle, anchorseal, and probably other things I've forgotten.

:notworthy: Thanks :notworthy:

Roger

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
I was a small part of it, even though I wasn't able to make it to Scott's (I really hope the make the clamp thing) but I will also join the pile on thanking Gary for putting it together and Scott for hosting the get together. I already have some wood sealed and a supply that will last me for some time.

NCTurner

Gary
Corporate Member
Thank you all for the kind words. It was indeed a task to take on but, thanks to all involved it was kept as simple as possible. I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. This is something that wouldn't have happened w/o North Carolina Woodworker or the folks that make this site what it is, so my thanks to all of you. Scott thank you for hosting and lunch. I would like to expand a little on Scott S. post, but will be starting another thread to do so. Thank you all for being who your are, my woodworking FAMILY.

Sully

New User
jay
A big thanks to Gary for organizing all this and dealing with all the management nightmares. As they say, I'm sure it was like "herding cats".

And thanks to Scott for being such a gracious host even after I spilled anchorseal on his new floor and after what my son did to his urinal :eek:. No pictures thankfully. :embaresse

It was nice to put faces with [screen]names.

J

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
+1 also to Gary for herding the catz for the rest of us.And Thanx again to Scott for hosting the Sealant Fest as somebody else put.Had a lotta fun yesterday meeting more people than I remember names.Sorry Andy for putting you somewhere you were not,I realize now it was Michael.
Anyway,Thanx to all for a great deal onthe Sealer.
Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS