3-D snowflakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

cskipper

Cathy
I made these yesterday. I love the pattern, and should be able to modify the design and keep the joinery the same. The pattern will by in the next Scroll Saw magazine (not my pattern). The first is made from walnut.

These are made from mahogany and walnut.

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
WOW!! Cathy those are too cool. What are the dimensions on them? I'd bet they make good ornaments on a Christmas tree. Once again, your scroll work is amazing!

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Very nice work! That'll make a very nice ornament or centerpiece. Very cool! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Very cool Cathy, and your joints look perfect. I would love to see one apart to see how they go together.
Dave:)

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Wonderful work, Cathy!!!!:eusa_danc

Like DaveO, you have also have tweaked my interest as to how they are put together?:bconfused

Wayne

cskipper

Cathy
They didn't take too much patience. I just broke the first set I cut. There are some VERY thin walls where they connect. I may have a few pieces from the first ones that I can give you guys the general idea. The thing I discovered is that you need flat sawn wood and the grain direction really matters. Of course on one piece the grain would ideally run at 90 degrees angles:lol: Now that I know how they work I may play around with some different patterns. The joinery is pretty cool.

Barbara - I got the pattern from the internet - will be in the magazine Scroll Saw Workshop (I think that's the name) when it comes out.

cskipper

Cathy
I apologize, but it will be at least this evening before I will get a chance to get more pictures posted.

bman

New User
barry
yes thanks for the link .....they wont send you a free issue unless you agree to a year subscription ....... but very cool indeed

cskipper

Cathy
yes thanks for the link .....they wont send you a free issue unless you agree to a year subscription ....... but very cool indeed

Well, you can get the free issue and not send in payment for the year, but it is a good magazine.

b4man

New User
Barbara
Why did I ask for the pattern?:5censored Because I wanted to spend the entire day in the shop trying to duplicate it and end up with nothing but very fine saw dust.
:cussing:

Once again I'm reminded that scrollsawing is NOT for dummies!
I'll try again tomorrow.
If anyone downloads the pattern, read the warning! It has to be increased to at least 100% and better if more than that.

But Cathy makes it look so easy:eusa_snoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS