2009 Calendar Contest Winners

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
First, I need to make sure everyone understands. Only ONE winner member across all categories. So my first task was to find the highest 3 rated pictures in each category that were from different members.

Once that was done, I looked for people who had won in more that one category. If someone won it 2 categories, their highest winner was kept and other eliminated. If they won in 2 categories at the same level, then I made the decision which one was eliminated, usually eliminating the one was entered in a category that had more entries from different people.

Based on the above eliminations, empty positions were filled by moving every picture in that category up.

This was a circular process and I did several iterations until we got the final placements.
Disclaimer said:
The announced winners will receive their prize money and every reasonable effort will made for the picture to be in the calendar. That means that it is still possible that a winning picture will not make it.

When I actually compose the calendar, I may find that a picture is out of focus or has blemishes that show up when enlarged to printing size. I already see a few pictures that may be that way. I can do some things that may help in those cases. However, if I can't, I'll try to substitute another picture from that person in the same category.

Finally, I need each winner to send me a PM telling me the version of the real name that they want on the picture. For instance, I would use Steve Coles, not Stephen C. Coles. Your last name MUST be used. Also, your city of residence will be used. If you are not willing to have these 2 pieces of information in the calendar, then your picture will not appear.

After I move the winners into the new cats that I will be creating, please make sure that usable description of the project is included.

So now finally the WINNERS:

Cover:
WoodWrangler
Flat Work - Small

1. RayH
  2. FredP
  3. toolferone
Rockers & Chairs

1. Walnutjerry
  2. Touchwood
  3. bluthart
Furniture

1. PeteM
  2. tjwitzig
  3. DavidF
Spindle Turning

1. Woodartz
  2. Badabing
  3. DaveO
Faceplate Turning

1. MikeDavis
  2. Threejs
  3. taandctran
Pens

1. AlexL
  2. Ken Massingale
  3. 02Ranger
Scrollsaw

1. sawduster
  2. cskipper
  3. christopheralan
Others

1. Jackbriggs
  2. enm
  3. Steve Martin
Congratulations to all our winners. You have done us all proud.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Congratulations to all of the winners and all of the other entries. I know that I had trouble voting for my favorite as there were so many possibilities.
:notworthy::notworthy:

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Congratulations to all of the winners and all of the other entries. I know that I had trouble voting for my favorite as there were so many possibilities.
:notworthy::notworthy:

I certainly can echo Tracy on this one!:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

I too spent plenty of time going through all of those displays of excellent NCWW talent. There were some very, very tough choices. Too bad we couldn't have at least a weekly picture page as opposed to monthly.

Very well done everyone.:wsmile:

Wayne

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Way to go guys and girls. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

You are truly the best of the best. :thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

R

rickc

Congratulations to those whose pictures will be on the new calendar. To the rest - well, though your picture might not have selected, those were some mighty fine projects on display. Don't know how to do the green-with-envy emoticon, but if I did, there would be a big one here! Great job everyone!

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Congrats to all the winners and entrants as well!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap :eek:ccasion1

Brian.

M

McRabbet

Heartiest congratulations to all of our winners. You and all of the entrants should rightlfully be proud of your efforts. And special kudos to young AlexL for your superb pens! :icon_thum

Badabing

New User
Joe
I am highly honored to have my work chosen for the 2009 Calendar!!!

Thanks!
Joe

Last edited by a moderator:

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Congrats to all!!! Some great pieces of work (and photography)!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Papa Smurf, can we have a Rube Goldberg category next year?? That seems to be the only thing I have accomplished this past year! :rotflm::rotflm:

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Nice work everyone who got their beautiful work placed into the calendar! What a awesome selection this year! Can't wait to see the final product!

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Congratulations all!! You are truly a group of wood working artists and craftsmen!

See, Mike Davis, ANYONE can win!!
:rotflm:

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
If Steve hadn't threatened to call off the calendar for lack of entrants I never would have entered.

This is (besides a radio station coffee cup which I never received) the only thing I have EVER won. I guess stranger things have happened. :rotflm:

just not to me :nah:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Some one told me once that "you never win if you don't enter". I guess stranger things have happened than your peers appreciating your fine craftsmanship :roll:
I am very glad to see you (Mike), AlexL, and RayH as winning entires into this years calendar.
Way to go everyone :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Dave:)

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Congratulations to all the winners: :eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

and much admiration to all who posted entries: :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

(Of course the bounty of beautiful work sure did make it tough during the voting process :mrgreen:

Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS