2009 Calendar Contest Winners

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jeff...

Winners - cool :thumbs_up I'm glad I didn't win the calendar contest cause I would rather win power ball :rotflm:

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Congratulations everyone! I was going to say the voting was rigged because I didn't win, but it might have something to do with the fact that I didn't enter! :)

Awesome work everyone, even those that didn't win! I can't wait to get the calendar and see everything in print.

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum.
Yahoo!!!!!!.
You all did great. MAn can't wait to get my copy and see all of you folks work.

Congratulations to all of you.

Partman

Danny
Corporate Member
Mike Davis won! :swoon: Congratulations everyone. :icon_thum Thank you Steve for all of your work on the calendar.:eusa_clap

Danny

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
S I guess stranger things have happened than your peers appreciating your fine craftsmanship :roll:
I am very glad to see you (Mike), AlexL, and RayH as winning entires into this years calendar.

Dave:)

Yeah, I guess I've been a bit unsociable lately. SORRY!

You know we have been through a lot this summer, probably no more than some of the other folks here though and they have all been much better friends and neighbors than me.

Again I apologize. :embaresse

Thanks for voting for my picture and putting my work on the calendar. :eek:ccasion1

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Thanks to all for the kind words and the votes on the chair photo. Proud to be represented on the calendar . And congradulations to all the other winners.

A big thanks to Steve for seeing the contest through!!!

Jerry

christopheralan

New User
Christopheralan
Woo-hoo!! Echoing the others, but it is an honor to have one of my things included in the calendar! I can't wait to get it and see everything for real!

Mark

New User
Mark
Congratulations to the folks who won, it is good to see that one's hard work and effort has yet another way to be appreciated. To be honored by your fellow members is a real feel good moment.
Mark

DavidF

New User
David
Well done to all that entered the competition, all the work was of an amazing quality and the added pressure of taking a good photograph just made it harder! Thanks to everybody who voted for my entry and put me in this years calendar. Well done to Steve and all the Admins that made it possible.

Steve - How are you sorting which picture goes in which month this year?

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Well done to all that entered the competition, all the work was of an amazing quality and the added pressure of taking a good photograph just made it harder! Thanks to everybody who voted for my entry and put me in this years calendar. Well done to Steve and all the Admins that made it possible.

Steve - How are you sorting which picture goes in which month this year?
My sense of art:rotflm::rotflm::rotflm: Really, I will be just playing around so that pictures will look "right" next to each other, Then I'll probably decide the page order by random drawing.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Hey Steve, when are the calendars gonna be mailed out? I am dying to see these!
We are trying to have them ready by the klingspor show. The process is sort of slow, unless, we are willing to pay expidite fees, which really shouldn't.

I am still getting bids on the project. So as soon as I decide whio, then I will compose to their templates. I'll be keeping everyone apprised of my progress as soon as I make some.:rotflm:

The problem is that all of the usual suspects can't beat cafepress' prices:swoon: So now I have to contact the offset printing houses in the raleigh area and see if they will do better.:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

Touchwood

New User
Don
First, I need to make sure everyone understands. Only ONE winner member across all categories. So my first task was to find the highest 3 rated pictures in each category that were from different members.

Once that was done, I looked for people who had won in more that one category. If someone won it 2 categories, their highest winner was kept and other eliminated. If they won in 2 categories at the same level, then I made the decision which one was eliminated, usually eliminating the one was entered in a category that had more entries from different people.

Based on the above eliminations, empty positions were filled by moving every picture in that category up.

This was a circular process and I did several iterations until we got the final placements.

Finally, I need each winner to send me a PM telling me the version of the real name that they want on the picture. For instance, I would use Steve Coles, not Stephen C. Coles. Your last name MUST be used. Also, your city of residence will be used. If you are not willing to have these 2 pieces of information in the calendar, then your picture will not appear.

After I move the winners into the new cats that I will be creating, please make sure that usable description of the project is included.

So now finally the WINNERS:

Cover:
WoodWrangler
Flat Work - Small

1. RayH
  2. FredP
  3. toolferone
Rockers & Chairs

1. Walnutjerry
  2. Touchwood
  3. bluthart
Furniture

1. PeteM
  2. tjwitzig
  3. DavidF
Spindle Turning

1. Woodartz
  2. Badabing
  3. DaveO
Faceplate Turning

1. MikeDavis
  2. Threejs
  3. taandctran
Pens

1. AlexL
  2. Ken Massingale
  3. 02Ranger
Scrollsaw

1. sawduster
  2. cskipper
  3. christopheralan
Others

1. Jackbriggs
  2. enm
  3. Steve Martin
Congratulations to all our winners. You have done us all proud.

Steve,

I must be having a senior moment (maybe many)...I saw this post a week ago, and forgot all about it.:help:

Anyway the City is Raleigh and I would like the name to be simply "Don Paterson"
(with one "t"...I have closets full of extra "t"s.):gar-La;

Take care,

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS