1 year since Travis Porter quit smoking tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I think I am now a bit over 4 months after 53 years
That's awesome Steve! There is definitely a turning point after 3-4 months, where you stop obsessing over it every fifteen minutes and only have cravings every hour or so :rolf:

Seriously, this is great news. Just don't let your guard down.

:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum :thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Congrats as well Steve!!!

I dreamed about cigarettes last night. Dreamed I was sneaking them and smoking and telling everyone I was still quit...... Mmmmmm...........

sawman

New User
Albert
Way to go Travis, my two year date is Febuary 21, still think about it but do not need the hacking. I do not think I will ever be offended by the smell.
Steve, keep at it, you will be thankful in the long run. I only smoked for 42 years. Somewhat cheated, no cold turkey, used Chantix, it worked for me.

Later,
Albert :saw:

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Way to go Travis. Four months left this time to the one year mark for me. Have quit a couple of times prior for a couple of years, but I think that watching my father die from smoking related CHF "congestive heart failure" has cured me from the nicotine itch. I salute all that have quit.:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Way to go Steve and Tracy! I remembered that you both quit this year, I just could not remember when. Keep at it.

Doug

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
My mother quit over 35 years ago. She turned 77 on the 27th. I am strongly convinced that we would have lost a long time ago if she had kept smoking. She did it on her own. (Well I did flush a carton of Kent down the toilet once.:embarrassed:) She transitioned to my Dad's cigars and then pipe and then nothing. The doc's were amazing at how her bronchitus cleared up in 6 months. My Dad later said that she had not slept through the night in years.

I know how hard it is and I really applaud all of you in your commitment!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap.

Doug

M

McRabbet

I quit in 1973, more than 35 years ago -- I went cold turkey after being sick with bronchitis and trying to smoke after the fever broke. Stubbed the Marlboro out immediately and have never had another to my lips since. I hope it adds 35 years to my life -- it has been nice to be able to taste and smell for these past 30+ years!

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
Congrats Travis. Keep on keeping on. I quit at 11:50 PM on Dec. 31, 1974. Not a new year's resolution but my mental crutch was I wanted to see how far into 1975 I could go without smoking. I got thru that year and the following 33 with no problem.

Roger, I'm doing well with maintaing the 83 lb weight loss. I did indulge a bit over the holidays and probably gained 4-5 lbs. but after eating my traditional New Year's Day meal of black-eyed peas, collard greens, and pork tonight that will come off in a week or so. Gotta run, the dinner bell just rang.

pcooper

Phillip Cooper
Corporate Member
Way to go Travis, and Steve, and all the rest that kicked the habit!!! Not smoking is a better habit, and besides, look at all the TOOLS you can buy with the money you save. :icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS