Search results

1. donald.woolley

Joinery Goals

My sister-in-law (a professor of woodworking and furniture design at Edinboro University of Pennsylvania) was in my shop recently and was surprised that I was planning on painting a dovetailed chest that I was working on. Her comment was that my dovetails looked good and did not need to be...
  2. donald.woolley

Aldi Chisels

If anyone is interested, the German-Style bench chisels that Paul Sellers talks about on his website are in American Aldi Stores right now: https://www.aldi.us/en/weekly-specials/special-buys-for-jun-3/jun-3-detail/ps/p/workzone-file-or-wood-chisel-set/ They will be in the center aisles mixed...
  3. donald.woolley

Two New Benches

Several months ago, Durham Urban Forestry decided that our remaining willow oak did not need to come down yet and could get by with a trim (mostly just one large limb). While it was partially rotten and had a lot of twist to it, I was able to make this small hewing bench and shaving horse...
  4. donald.woolley

An Incrementally New Turning Saw

Some years ago, my mother-in-law gave me a turning saw of unknown age that she had picked up somewhere. It was workman-like in construction with oak arms and a yoked pine stretcher. One of the wooden pins that held the extremely kinked blade was broken off and the other swelled into its hole...
  5. donald.woolley

Does anyone remember Penncraft Tools?

More specifically, does anyone remember what shade of blue their woodworking tools tended toward? My mother-in-law gave me what is definitely a Sargent No.409 smoothing plane, but it is completely unmarked other than the standard “Made in USA “. I know that Sargent made tools for...
  6. donald.woolley

Hand Plane Mystery

I have a plane that I have exhausted my information sources on, so I was hoping that someone else may have seen something like it. As far as I can tell, it started out as a pretty normal German-style wooden trying plane—about 22 inches long with a Goldenberg marked double iron about 2-3/8 wide...
  7. donald.woolley

Login question

Whenever I log in, I get the message "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms," despite not searching for anything. However, it would appear that I have actually logged in-- I was just wondering if this was a common problem.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS