Search results

1. J

Jet Clamps on Sale. Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000UBKUJK/ref=gno_cart_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
  2. J

Moving and Building But in the mean time what do I do?

Re: Moving and Building But int he mean time what do I do? Agreed. Cosmos alignments.
  3. J

Re: Moving and Building But int he mean time what do I do? I did see this Hank thank you so much. I've contacted him and we're going to hopefully make it work! --JOE
  4. J

Re: Moving and Building But int he mean time what do I do? Oh how I wish I could have a shop be part of the plans, but sadly, finances do not allow. How much would a standalone shop cost anyways if I built it myself with a 25x25 foot print? I've got most all the tools I'd need and just enough...
  5. J

Re: Moving and Building But int he mean time what do I do? Yeah, I'm just a hobbyist so it's really about cost effectiveness. I don't make any money doing woodworking I just do it because it keeps me busy and productive when I'm not working. I'm hoping that I can at least set up shop somewhere...
  6. J

Re: Moving and Building But int he mean time what do I do? Do they run 220 power? All my main tools are 220.
  7. J

Re: Moving and Building But int he mean time what do I do? Thanks Berta, Just messaged! Thanks for the heads up. --Joe
  8. J

Re: Moving and Building But int he mean time what do I do? Hahaha that's amazing Tarhead. Talk about efficient use of space.
  9. J

What to do with barn wood.

I'm pretty sure the wood is SYP. I haven't taken a piece and planed it down yet. It looks like it's 3/4 in thickness and cupped slightly. The test piece I've brought home looks really nice as is but I have a feeling that planing it down might open up some beautiful character. Was just wondering...
  10. J

What to do with barn wood.

I have been gifted many many hundreds of board feet of barn wood. It's from a barn that stood for over a century and it's the wood from the inside of the barn. The outside was poached by someone before the owners realized what was going on. Is it worth planing down or would it be better to leave...
  11. J

Re: Moving and Building But int he mean time what do I do? I like these ideas! Definitely going to seek out some commercial spaces! And if I can't will try to do a split.
  12. J

Re: Moving and Building But int he mean time what do I do? That's correct. I'm looking for a shop rental. I'd rather do a shop rental than store my tools for a year. But, it may have to be that way at least until the house is built.
  13. J

So we're moving to raleigh from durham and my current wood shop is in my garage. We've already moved into a tiny apartment while our house is being built, but what on earth am I supposed to do with my shop? Does anyone know of any spaces that rent out for a decent price? I'm just a hobbyist so...
  14. J

Walnut slab benches

Beautiful! Nakashima inspired legs?
  15. J

Walnut Crotch Slabs

Thanks for all the replies everyone. I have thought about cutting them in half but at least one of them I want to leave really thick for an end table Roy. William I've been using my small 18" chain saw to cut them into boards but that's all done with now that it's maneable. If I were to re-saw...
  16. J

Walnut Crotch Slabs

What do you mean Jeff? I'm following exactly what everyone says. I'm just getting the things flat before I stack them up? Only one of them was flat as I had cut them with a chain saw and they were all kinds of bumpy. I figured getting them flat was part of stacking them? Am I wrong here? The...
  17. J

Walnut Crotch Slabs

Started working on the other two slabs today. Here's a photo of one of them mid planing. Are the splits in the wood going to be a problem as it dries? Should I butterfly it now?
  18. J

Walnut Crotch Slabs

That would be great if you could check the moisture on one of the pieces Don. I'm in Durham, but can drop by raleigh with the slab. Would it be bad to just make a table out of the piece and use it and let it dry in my house? Does wood move that much?
  19. J

Group Buy on Curly Maple

I would be in for 50bf as well.
  20. J

Curly Cherry Group Buy

Is it too late to jump in on this?

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS