Search results

1. C

Need to change my screen name

I want to change my screen name from my real name to something else. How can I do this? Thanks.
  2. C

My goodbye post, sort of. (long)

I didn't try turning in a different shop but I have tried other things and I still had the same affects. I have noticed that if there are any vapors or fine particles of any type it bothers me now. I have even had trouble with just dust and even strong perfumes. Thanks for the suggestion though...
  3. C

Wow, I don't know what to say! Thanks for all of the support! Sorry for the delay, I have been very busy for the last week or so and haven't had a chance to get online. I want to thank everyone for their suggestions. As I read over everything and didn't see anything I haven't yet looked into...
  4. C

Not wanting to give up woodworking I decided that I would try to fix it myself. I went to the woodworking supply shop and bought a nice dust collector, ambient air cleaner, and a full face mask with good canister filters. When working in the shop, I would have the shop-vac sucking up anything I...
  5. C

I have been gone for a while and I am not sure if anyone will remember me but, I just want to tell everyone my story. Maybe others will get something from this but really this post is for me. With that said I will start from the beginning. I am only 24 years old but I have had a love for...
  6. C

Just what is NCWW?

That is exactly what I did! I haven't been around much due to work but I try and check in as much as I can. This is the only forum that I have ever been on with this type of community. I still remember when Steve sent me a message over at woodnet asking if I would be interested in a NC only...
  7. C

Which small lathe to get

I love my little jet!
  8. C

Why does a bench grinder rotate downward?

I would hate to grind something freehand with the wheel pulling up on the piece! Everything would be thrown up at your face and it would be a heck pf a job holding the piece down to the table/rest. Down is by far the safest way for them to spin.:icon_thum
  9. C

Night of 2/21/08 - system down

Thanks for all the hard work you do Steve!:icon_thum
  10. C

Wire awg for long run

Thanks for all of the help everyone! There are a lot of good tips that I will be sure to use.:icon_cool
  11. C

First pens!

Very nice indeed! It's hard to believe he is only 11 years old. I can't wait to see what he ends up making in the future. You both must be very proud, and for good reason!
  12. C

router plate insert leveling screws.

If you have an ACE Hardware near by you may want to check there. I have always had good luck with them.
  13. C

Request for assistance - machining pvc fittings

I agree with DaveO. If you have a wood lathe I don't think it would be to bad to turn them to where you need them. Just take your time and check them often.
  14. C

Wire awg for long run

I was told that they will only be using lights so I don't think that the drop will be that bad. If they tell me other wise how much do the transformers tend to cost?
  15. C

Wire awg for long run

i wouldn't have thought about the heat build up. I will definitely go with the 10agw for this then.
  16. C

Father Son Project

Wow! That really nice. I'm sure his girl friend will love the new table.
  17. C

Wire awg for long run

Thanks for the tips guys! I was going to draw a scale map out lining where the wire is in relationship to the house. I think I will use that white sand idea too!
  18. C

Wire awg for long run

I think I will go with 10agw. I don't think they will be plowing over the line but this is going to be installed at a dog kennel and who know what they might be doing out there later. So I think I I will go about 12-18'' deep depending on how tough thats going to be with a ditch witch. Thanks...
  19. C

Wire awg for long run

At what point is the voltage drop going to become a concern? I know with home theater equipment I wouldn't do the install if it was less then 117 volts under load. What is the "accepted" drop for general household use? Also, how deep does it need to be buried in the ground? Thanks for the fast...
  20. C

Wire awg for long run

I need to run a 20 amp 120 volt single phase circuit that is 200ft long. What awg of copper wire is needed for this? Also, how deep does direct burial cable need to be buried? Thanks!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS